/dist/images/branding/favicon

photographing with the alta, what camera?

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Kasper Bröns, May 30, 2016.

1. Kasper Bröns

Kasper Bröns New Member

Hi!
    I have a big job where the client wants me to take a photo instead of film, I'm having problems finding a camera that works with the mövi shutter? any ideas? What do you guys use?

2. Humberto Barchini

5D MKIII maybe?

3. Mateusz Hajdziony

You can use any camera that has some kind of remote shutter device available and connect the shutter release directly to your Rx. So any Canon or Nikon DSLR will do - I have a cheapo infrared shutter release gizmo that works with standard PWM for Canon.

4. Mike Reid

Mike Reid Member

@Kasper Bröns look at http://www.gentles.ltd.uk/gentled/ , they make cables for almost everything. I have them for 5D 2+3, Sr, all nikons, all sony A7 series, hasselblad and others. Many cables work for more than 1 camera also, as long as they use the same connector you are probably fine.

For cameras that don't have video out (like hasselblad) I have rigged up gopros or fpv cameras into the eyepiece, then transmitted that back to a monitor. Recently I have had my best results yet using a gopro mounted to a waist level finder on a hasselblad H5D (which happens to use the same 2.5mm jack as low end canon cameras as its shutter release)

All of the GentLes shutter cables will connect to nearly every receiver (grupner, futaba, spektrum etc) using standard servo cables.

If you are using a movi controller, then that is a whole other story that I don't know much about.

5. Chris Jackson

Chris Jackson New Member

These guys make great pwm triggers, Ive played with heaps of them, but keep going back to the seagulls. The #Rec with a sony cameras multiport can do a lot of cool things. http://www.seagulluav.com/

6. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

If you plan on using any HD downlink that requires you to use the HDMI port on the camera make sure you get a camera that doesn't blank out to the HDMI port after the shutter is released. Canon 5DII and III blanks out the HDMI port on the camera for 3 or 4 seconds and you will have a blank blue screen for 5-7 seconds. I very big pain in the ass.