/dist/images/branding/favicon

Alta 6 heartbreaking result

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Sushil, May 31, 2016.

1. Sushil

Sushil New Member

i had bought alta 6
    3 months ago and i am very disappointed with the results of alta
    I was getting a warning saying motors fail an when i asked freefly people to solve it
    I had been told that my alta is not tuned properly
    I told rahul sharma known as indias no.1 flyer till date
    After he tuned it and everything doing it again as the steps given in the alta manual
    We are still getting the warning. Also i dont foget to mention climate.
    Its 3PM Delhi climate 5KM/ph wind 27 Degree Celsius.
    And it flying normal without any payload no warning no error.
    Equipment
    I.E TATTU PLUS 10,000mah x2 , red epic camera only brain with carl zeiss lense 16mm with lion battery light weight and a card of 128 gb , amicon connex with vely thin flexible cables. this is the basic
    But still the alta is giving motors fail warning
    And when we call up freefly representator of india
    He tells the proven india no.1 flyer that he doesn't know to fly not only he says the climate condition is not good.
    So this is very disappointing to get a repot like this from the company.

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Dronester welcome to the forums. Would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/.

Some more information might help. Total weight of your rig, ground elevation where you are flying. Can you get a screen shot of the warning failure? Not sure which one you are seeing. Photos of your rig.

You might also want to open a ticket directly at support@freeflysystems.com.

3. Humberto Barchini

Hi Dronester... what was your total Take Off weight?

4. Sushil

Sushil New Member

8kg payload plus copter weight

5. Dejan Mugosa

Dejan Mugosa Member

Alta 6 maximum payload is 6kg.
    Lets say that you are lucky and you are on SEA level. Maximum weight off the drone should be 13 kg. I would go down another 10% based on specification so 12kg.
    [​IMG]
    My suggestion is to use 2x 6000 mah batteries to save 1kg on batteries. It will shorten your flight times but maybe you will manage to fly it for 5 min before the esc start to overheat. You need alta 8 or some other drone.

Humberto Barchini likes this.
  6. Humberto Barchini

So... There is your answer... You are over loading the copter... And the alert was about esc temp, Maybe that's the reason why freefly support is telling you it is not tuned...
    I leave you a link of a threat on this forum about flying with red and Alexa mini
    http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/alta-is-able-to-fly-epic-and-mini.7826/

And it's helps a lot, if you don't have do it yet, to upgrade ESC and the lastest firmware...

And a great tool is the Alta flight data viewer... There you can find what happens with your copter from the take off to landing!

Cheers!

#6 Humberto Barchini, Jun 1, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  7. Sushil

Sushil New Member

Now proven alta 6 is a good multi-rotor but only for dslr. Buying new battries is major hassel for me and freefly people only told me to buy 10000mah battries. And my strict requirement is to fly only red epic , dragon or weapon with ultraprime lens some times with followfocus.

Looks like kde direct with gryphon dynamics x8

8. Humberto Barchini

http://forum.freeflysystems.com/ind...ss-red-dragon-movi-m15-zeiss.7910/#post-71442

;)

9. Sushil

Sushil New Member

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Sushii, welcome to the forum.

If it's not too much trouble, would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/
    Thanks
    Andy

Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limitâ„¢
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert