/dist/images/branding/favicon

m10 inverted

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by alex ryan, May 31, 2016.

1. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

Hi all,

Was just hoping someone could explain why Freefly is not offering a keyed pan bar upgrade for the M10 so it is safe to fly ontop of the Alta?

Has anyone worked out a DIY upgrade that is solid?

I really want to try flying with the gimbal mounted on top, but can't justify buying another gimbal at the moment.

2. Tom Hirschmann

Tom Hirschmann New Member

I also wish there was an upgrade direct from FreeFly. I was an early adopter of the m10 and the pan connection has always been an issue.

check out this thread: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/m10-inverted-and-alta.6956/. Even includes the .dfx files for the custom carbon parts!

I ended up doing the upgrade on our m10 and it has works flawlessly. Took a little bit of back and forth with Famous Hobby to get the details right but they were very responsive and easy to work with. Took about an hour to do the upgrade. Think I spent somewhere around $300 for the components and they took 10 days to arrive after payment.

#2 Tom Hirschmann, May 31, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  3. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

Hey thanks for the link. Thats awesome. Can I ask how much more weight it adds to the rig?
    Also, and I apologise if it was said on that thread, but where did you get the extended roll arm tubes? That would have saved a lot of stuffing around on many occasions.