/dist/images/branding/favicon

MoVI M15 MR and Spektrum LOS (Loss of Signal)

Discussion in 'MōVI MR' started by Stefanie Williams, May 10, 2016.

1. Stefanie Williams

Stefanie Williams New Member

Hi Guys,

We were test flying our Alta and Movi today and repeatedly at around 350 meters the radio link between the Spektrum satellite receiver on the MoVI and the Spektrum DX8 on the ground kept on LOS. It wouldn't re-establish signal until the MoVI was back within 50m or so. The Alta flying on Futaba was fine throughout the entire flight. Another note is that we were flying with the AlexaM and I hadn't turned WiFi off - I'm not sure how much of a difference this would make! This is the furthest we have flown with this setup and I'm wondering if you guys use Spektrum and whether you have similar problems? Is it worth changing so that both are Futaba?

Thanks,

Stef

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Stef what type of Spektrum RX's on the MoVI and do you only have one? You might want to consider adding Spektrum Satellite RX's using the Spektrum Diversity device which allows connecting up to 4 RX's. Typical issue, not just with the MoVI but also on multi rotors is the carbon frame shades the small RX's from reception. Positioning multiple RX's seems to solve the issue. Futaba RX's have much longer antennas which usually don't get shaded.

3. Stefanie Williams

Hi Gary,
    At the moment I only have one of the small satellite receivers. I'll have a look at the diversity device.
    Thanks,
    Stef

4. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

I would say, if you are getting 350 meters range with Spektrum, you might have the distance record! :)

We had similar range issues wih Dx7 and DX8 so we moved to Fıtaba on gimbal control with the cheapest Sbus compatible one (T8J). We don't have range issue since then.

Mark McGuire likes this.
  5. Mark McGuire

Mark McGuire Distributor

Exactly the same problems we had when we first got our Movi, Switched to Futaba & all was sorted.

6. Stefanie Williams

Oh, thanks guys. We've now switched to Futaba on the gimbal too and all is great.