/dist/images/branding/favicon

Flight packs for Alta

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by alex ryan, May 8, 2016.

1. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

hi,
    So I'm looking at getting some new batteries for lifting heavier cameras and also more convenient for air travel.
    I am tossing up between tattu 6000mah 35c batts and 7000mah 25c batts.
    I was wondering what people are using in this range? Will the 7000mah batteries give me enough power in reserve when lifting heavier loads? What flight times are people getting with these battery packs?
    Any insights are appreciated.
    Thanks a bunch,
    Alex

2. Humberto Barchini

Hi Alex... I´m using tattu 6.200 35 c with Alta6 Movi 10 red Epic ZEISS CP2 DJI FF... and getting 9:30 to 10:00 minutes flights... and Im buying now the 7000 25c... almost same weight as the 6200... we will see...
    The important thing here is that you maintain at least 1 kg less of the maximun TO weight of the alta with this batteries... for example my alta was configured as above but with 2 10.000 25c and a total TO weight of 13.4 kilos... now with 2 6200 is 12,5 kilos... thats help the ESC to run cooler to not exceed the max temp...

Cheers

3. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

Thanks Humberto,
    Now I just have to find some to buy. It seems they may be popular because can't find them in stock anywhere. Any pointers to a supplier would be good. I'm in Australia btw.

4. Humberto Barchini

Hahahahahahaahaha I'm right in the opposite side of the world!!!! In South America (Paraguay) 2:39 am!
    Yes those packs are hard to find that's why I'm buying the 7000 ones...
    I buy my things in USA so I don't know it is useful to you?

5. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

I can get my hands on 10000 or 12000 packs at the drop of a hat over hear, but no one has the 6000 or 7000 packs. So annoying.

6. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

You'd think the 6000 and 7000 would be better sellers because they're easier to transport. Why doesn't anyone stock them over hear. Was hoping I'd be able to get my hands on some without waiting around for months for them to be shipped from the states.

7. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

Hi thanks to Humberto Barchini for informing the forum, later we had a conversation about his flight data using the 6200mHa Lipo with Alta6 and Red Epic I went ahead and bought 6 of the 7000 mHa 25C lipos I flew a job in hot Panama and things went well I was doing 8 to 9 minutes landing at 21.4 loaded, my AUW was 12.20 kilos I still have to collect all of the exact data definitely the Alta6 has a sweet maximum AUW where things work with in manageable parameters obviously I had the advantage like Humberto of flying at sea level I guess that flying at a higher altitude in a hot day would require the Alta6 to shed more weight, if flying a Red Epic or similar at this point I don't know from where we could shed more weight
    the only question I have is I think Humberto had a little better flight time using 6200 mHa 35C lipos than me using 7000 mHa 25c lipos could the discharge rate help here perhaps someone like wizard Andy can chime on this

Humberto Barchini likes this.
  8. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

Hey guys so having real trouble finding those packs here in Australia. The gens ace supplier here says they don't get enough demand for those packs to justify getting a shipment in. The closest I could find were gens ace 5000mah 45c. Anyone used these packs. Might be a bit low in capacity? What do you think? Probably get about 6 or 7 mins flight out of them?

9. Jose Luis Ocejo

it would be great to do a more in-depth analysis of the C rating vs the mHa and the performance of the Alta6 Alex i know is $, but if you could get 2x 5000mah packs to test at 12.5 kilos sea level see what flight numbers you get definitely those packs are lighter then the 7000mha

10. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

I will probably do this in the next fortnight or so and post results. Just a quick question. Do you know the difference between the tattu type packs and the standard gens ace packs. I have been using the tattu batteries and have been very impressed with their performance, but the 5000mah packs in question are just standard gens ace, so interested to know the difference

11. Jose Luis Ocejo

Alex im afraid I don't know the answer I only own tattu packs

#11 Jose Luis Ocejo, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 10, 2016
  12. Rafa Castrillo

Rafa Castrillo New Member

Hi good morning, the difference between these packages battery is discharging, while overcoming a tatto download the gens few drops download 25c 35c or more.
    Packages of 6,200 mha 35c are better than 7,000 mha 25c, if you use a battery for a few cy few mha gets too low voltage and if you use batteries few mha (6,200) but with a good-35c or 40c does not lower both voltage during flight. Sorry for using a translator.

Humberto Barchini likes this.
  13. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

14. Humberto Barchini

I think the sweet spot is 6.200 35c... that´s the one... and I can´t find more of them... :(

15. Humberto Barchini

16. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

The gens ace packs are 5000 45c so can supply a fair bit of power. Not sure I totally understood the translator, but think what you were saying is that you get less voltage drop with higher discharge rated packs?

17. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

18. Michael McVay

Michael McVay Active Member

I think I have 18 or 20 of them in stock (Tattu 6000 35C) - but am in the US and not sure if that helps you at all.

19. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

Can you airmail them to Australia?

20. Michael McVay

Michael McVay Active Member

I have not had a chance to get the details from UPS yet, but I recall reading somewhere that for a fee they will handle transporting the Lipos. As soon as I know (probably tomorrow) I will send you a message on it. I have only shipped in the US and Canada.