/dist/images/branding/favicon

Drift with mimic

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Karl Barber, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Karl Barber

Karl Barber New Member

Hi guys
    Whenever I connect the Mimic to my Movi, the pan starts to drift to the right. Always in the same direction and with any camera configuration! I have tried all the parameters with my laptop but cannot find the solution! Any ideas??

And secondly, does anyone know whether the motors on the Movi M15 are stronger than the ones on the M10. Or are they in fact the same motors?

Thanks Karlo

2. Jacob Russell

Jacob Russell New Member

Karlo, I just connected with my Mimic for the first time yesterday and the sane thing happened with my M10. Did you ever figure out what was happening?

3. Karl Barber

Karl Barber New Member

Hi Jacob
    No, unfortunately I haven't found a solution. I have the same drift with the M10 and the M15 when connected the the mimic. I hope that I can find a cure soon. It must be something to do with the transmitting frequencies. Sometimes it is faster sometime slow. It is very annoying!!

4. Jacob Russell

Jacob Russell New Member

Hmm, okay. Have you reached out to Freefly Support yet? That's my next move unless you've been down that path.

5. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

If you go into Expert controls in the app, what is your Heading Assist set to? I've had a lot of drift issues, but you might consider putting it into Fixed Mount, or None.

I still get some drifting, even with the PLC geared wheels, and those have a zeroing function.

6. Giorgio Sironi

Giorgio Sironi New Member

Hi Karl, same here! Let know if you found a solution.
    If you want we can even meet up, we live very close. Cheers.