/dist/images/branding/favicon

Tero expectation and results

Discussion in 'Freefly Tero' started by Sam Fleishman, Oct 2, 2014.

1. Brad Meier

Brad Meier Active Member
    Staff Member

Hey Chris,

Your on the right track. We found the best results were with at least 14lbs total weight on the plate. More weight may also help. So with your 7 lb M15 you should add 7 more lbs and adding that weight on the plate will keep the CG lower and lower the risk of flipping.

2. Todd Mahoney

Todd Mahoney New Member

Chris, It's best to keep the weight between the plane of the mounting plates. Add a cage to the camera, if you don't have one already, screw washers or steel discs to add weight. Yes the Tero can flip backwards if you go full throttle from a dead stop, you can attach a wheelie bar.

3. Leo Bund

Leo Bund New Member

Ours will Happily pull a wheelie with a 6 cell battery!!!

4. Cédric Bourgoin

Cédric Bourgoin Distributor

Hi,
    How many time do you run the Tero with 6S battery ?
    One of my customer wants to have an idea of the ratio battery / time (in 6S)

Thank you to share your experience ;)

5. Leo Bund

Leo Bund New Member

With a 6 Cell 16000 Batt we can run the Tero for around 5 hours (not continuously). Hope that helps.

6. Cédric Bourgoin

Cédric Bourgoin Distributor

Thank you Leo for your information :)

7. Dan Wilson

Dan Wilson New Member

We tried two 4S batteries in series today on our Tero, without the our M15, and it is something I can definitely recommend if you need a bit of speed. The thing goes like the clappers! I dread to think how it handles with a fully loaded M15 on it. A roll cage would be a good idea I think!

A bit of useful information too, we upgraded our springs to the harder (blue) ones and put a heavier shock oil in the shocks which helped with the... wibbly wobbly, shall we say, when you get a bit of speed up. This is a good start if you are looking to improve the Tero.

8. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

On the 14 lbs load:
    does the Tero have stronger shocks springs to take the 14lbs + load?, I would asume it does because the stock Baja shocks are not design to take that load
    canny one moment on this

9. Dan Wilson

Dan Wilson New Member

We put the hard (blue)springs on ours to take the weight (6Kg payload for us). However we are going to revert back to stock springs as the hard ones seem to lessen the stabilisation of the Movi. You get a little bit of up-down movement making bumps in the road/surface visible on camera.
    We reckon stock springs (maybe even soft(yellow)) but with the heaviest weight shock oil you can get (we are going for 50w, but I think you can get heavier).

We have some other bits on the way for ours too. An 18t pinion gear to increase the top speed and a 12t pinion gear to decrease minimum speed so we can 'creep' better.

10. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

I guess its a experimentation prosses between the all on board weight, AOW to achieve good performance from the camera wire isolators and the performance of the shock springs the type of piston and oil used