/dist/images/branding/favicon

ALTA Flight Data Viewer

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Tabb Firchau, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

No. Waiting for the next version.

2. Humberto Barchini

I have solved my problem just installing virtual box on my mac... it is free and works like a charm now....

3. John Mantovani

John Mantovani New Member

Thanks Steve, I guess I'll just have to wait...... Some of us are just lucky eh Humberto?

4. Humberto Barchini

I tried first with two NB John... in both Notebooks debug error and then it was imposible ti resize the windows... hahahahaha retina display is the answer ;)

5. Roger Fosaas

Roger Fosaas New Member

ALTA Flight Data Viewer does not work on my machine!
    Yes ... I'm running .NET 4.5 or higher, but do not get installed the program !! :(

Starting to get reasonable given over everything with ALTA, Weight and Apple and Windows!

Freefly, you MUST start thinking !!
    iPhone, Windows 32bit, Windows 64Bit, Android how many operational stystem you must their customers have to use their equipment?

6. Dimitar Krustev

Dimitar Krustev New Member

Hello Roger Fosaas,

I can understand your dissapointment, but give the guys from Freefly some time and I am sure they will fix it. These guys are the best support I have ever met in this industry and also this is written from them in the first post in this tread when the Viewer was released :
    " This tool was originally intended to be only for internal Freefly Engineering use, but its just too damn useful to keep to ourselves. It is a first release and lacks some of the polish that we would normally put on external facing software, but I think it will help you be a more safe, and succesful ALTA operator.
    Best of luck, we will add more as time allows but we wanted to share this right away."

Whish you happy flying and success with DataViewer

P.S. I am successfuly running it on a 10 years old PC with Win7/64

Roger Fosaas likes this.
  7. Roger Fosaas

Roger Fosaas New Member

Agree that the guys are the best in support of the equipment they sell.
    Hate windows and had to buy a little while ago, unfortunately so is this just 32bit which inoperability! ALTA Flight Data Viewer,

And not only that, but after upgrading Firmware 5.0 so shy nor Macbook Pro, iMac, MacPro with "Freefly Configurator", must also buy a tablet with android !! :(

Got no message that I needed Windows 64bit and tablet andriod to use products from Freefly ...

Everybody knows, fly a ALTA with MOVI and have a stable image so you must use 100timer every day to tuning Alta and Movi but Android or Windows with 64bit !!!

Dimitar Krustev likes this.
  8. Kevin Obschlager

Kevin Obschlager New Member

Ok, I can just underline the same issues here. Installed Windows 7 64-bit, I'm running .NET 4.5 or higher. Does not start up, error message ist "SlimDX.Direct3D11.Direct3D11Exception: E_INVALIDARG: An invalid parameter was passed to the returning function (-2147024809)"

Really do bad as I would hope to get some more insight of the Alta and the flying times.

9. Raymont Stüssi

Raymont Stüssi New Member

Here same....
    Thanks for solving out.

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

See Message #5 (EDIT: on this thread!) for an alternative approach, Kevin/Raymont. It's not a replacement for FF's app, but it will allow you to examine flight log data.

Andy.

11. Kamil Przybylak

Kamil Przybylak New Member

I can't drag and drop .csv file to Flight Data Viewer. I tried on a few computers, and always the same problem with drag and drop.
    Screen in attachment

system: Windows 10 64 bit

Attached Files:

12. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Glad i'm not the only one who's done this... :D

Thanks for the tool! I'll play around with it today!

Josh

13. haydar

haydar Distributor

Great Tool Tabb,
    We are flying the Alta 6 and 8 now, but the Fight Data Viewer doesn't show data from motor 7 and 8.
    Do you plan to update the Tool, so that we can also see all data related to motor 7 and 8 from the Alta 8?

14. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Haydar

If it's not too much trouble, would you be kind enough to change your user name to your real first name and last name, please? The reasons for this (and how to do it) are explained here: http://forum.freeflysystems.com/index.php?threads/real-names.497/

Thanks

Andy
    ----------
    Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

15. Sam Hannan

Sam Hannan New Member

Hi Guys,

Is there an updated version of this tool for Alta8? We were test flying the new 8 yesterday at various payloads, and got a red status light when at full MTOW after about 6mins flight. I was assuming this was because we had hit above 70deg C but looked at the logs and can only see 6 motors data - none of them got above 70deg so I am still a little confused about the Motor Fail error we got.

Cheers

Sam

16. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Sam: As far as I am aware, there is no updated version. You might want to email to support@freeflysystems.com and ask -- but, as you probably know, the NAB Show is on right now, so I would imagine things are a bit hectic at FF. :)

Andy
    ----------
    Forensic Software & sUAV / Drone Analyst : Photographer : Videographer : Pilot (Portland, Oregon, USA): Trees=2, Ground=1, Props=11. :(
    The Ground Is The Limit™
    ---------- Forensic Drone Analyst : Forensic sUAV Analyst : Forensic Unmanned Aircraft Analyst : Forensic Drone Expert

17. Dimitar Krustev

Dimitar Krustev New Member

Hey all.
    Small update on Data Viewer. When it came out, I have successfully runned it on my PC but a month later the computer's video card died. I have replaced it with another one and the Viewer stopped working. I tried to make it work on 8 different computers with Win 7, 8, 8.1 and 10 with no success. After I checked their hardware the only common thing between them was that they all had nVidia or Intel video chipsets. So today I have tested with ATI chipset and voala. It worked as before, on 3 different ATI based video cards.

Hope this info will help you somehow.

Humberto Barchini likes this.
  18. Guillaume MARION

Hi, any MAC version??

19. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Guillaume: Sorry, but there is no Mac version. Your only choices will be via Parallels, VM Fusion, or Bootcamp -- which means you have to run Windows. Désolé .... mais il est vrai. :(

Andy

The Ground Is The Limit™

20. Sam Hannan

Sam Hannan New Member

Any update to the data viewer to allow for Alta 8 guys? Not sure if I have missed it somewhere...