/dist/images/branding/favicon

Radian Firmware 1.03

Discussion in 'Radian' started by John Cunningham, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Gustavo.
    Everything looks good to me, so we've eliminated that.
    Can you now try connecting up to the pan sensor, click Connect and open up the Channel Input Monitor window (I'm not by my machine right now so I think it's in the Diagnostic Window under "Window."

Then operate the pan control stick on your transmitter and see which channels are moving? Based on your setup you should only see channel 4 moving. If you see channel 2 moving as well, that suggests that your transmitter setup is wrong.

Let me know what you find.
    Thanks
    Andy.

2. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

Apparently was the channel settings, change the direction (servo reversing) and mix, solved the issue and... S. Bus instead of spektrum, is normal.

Gustavo.

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Gustavo: Glad you got it sorted out.
    The first Radian you connect to would show Spektrum, but then the Radians use s.Bus to talk amongst themselves.

Andy.

4. John Fox

John Fox Member

Thanks Joe,
    neat trick! I had never heard of a Spektrum compatible rx that can run S-Bus. That could solve a lot of problems with helis also (if you could trust the rx) The problem is they are BACK ORDERED! Every time I need something fro HK it is back ordered! Oh well I will put my name in the notification list.

john

5. Gustavo Rios

Gustavo Rios Member

Thanks Andy, now I will try the settings for radians.

Gustavo

6. David Bone

David Bone New Member

I've tried restarting my pc and reinstalling the fw also reinstalled the bootloader

7. David Bone

David Bone New Member

Hi Andy can you Help me?
    My radian module is not programming, I put it into boot loader got both solid green and orange lights, I tried to connect to target and initially it did and told me it was installed with 1.03, I then wanted to see what loading firmware was like if it was going to be quick or laborious so I pressed program new firmware it went and erased the radian but then stops saying program error....
    I'm using XP, freefly bootloader 1.1, this is the first time connecting to the radians at all... Any help would be appreciated

8. David Bone

David Bone New Member

When I try to program it just says "program failed (program error)."

9. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi David:
    I suspect it's a version number/serial number mis-match. I've sent you a note via a Conversation.
    Andy.

10. David Bone

David Bone New Member

Thanx Andy that was the perfect fix...

11. Daniel Gowland

Daniel Gowland New Member

G'day Andy, can you asssit...?
    I'm in bootloader mode, both orange and green lights on solid. I have the new 1.1 Bootloader software and am able to install the previours version firmware 1:02 but when I try and load the new version 1:02 is states in the Status section 'No firmware file has been loaded.' Even though I can clearly see the file just above the 'Load Firmware File' button. Any advice would be much appreciated...

Daniel...

12. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Daniel: I'm not sure I understand entirely -- it may be just an inadvertent typo when you say, "am able to install the previours version firmware 1:02 but when I try and load the new version 1:02" -- I presume you're trying to load the new version 1.03, right?

I'm also presuming that you see a Radian sensor serial number in the appropriate window of the Radian software?

Andy.

13. John Cunningham

Daniel,

Does it say "Firmware file loaded successfully" after you load it ?.

If not, are you using Chinese windows ? - it might be our old unicode problem again ... there is another thread about it somewhere.

14. Daniel Gowland

Daniel Gowland New Member

G'day John,
    The firmware loaded successfully after I loaded the version Andy sent me, almost nano seconds after I posted the question. It might have been a serial code issue as the number on the initial file 1:03 didn't match the serial showing in the Radian Software app.
    I am using Windows 7, in Australia. Things sometimes work alittle back to frount down here;)

Have a great new years and thanks for following up with the question.

15. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Well there you have it. It was pom software running in Oz. What more can I say. (And it's John and I wot's the poms...)

G'day
    Andy.

16. Tristan Twisselman

Tristan Twisselman Active Member

Cant get firmware file to load successfully with 1.03...using the 1.02 firmware file i have on the radians currently which is also on my computer will load fine into the bootloader but 1.03 wont. Ideas?

17. Tristan Twisselman

invalid data format on input line 1 it says

18. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

That's a known problem with International versions of Windows (specifically we've seen it with the Chinese version).
    (Geeky explanation: For international versions, the files are presumed to be Unicode 2-byte characters -- which wreaks havoc with files like the firmware that are not Unicode).

Can you verify whether or not you're running the English/North American version of Windows please? (And tell us which version of Windows you're running XP, 7, 8?)

Thanks
    Andy.

19. Tristan Twisselman

I should have been more specific. I knew about the chinese windows etc but mine is north american windows 7. I did some searching after posting and found a firmware file you posted to someone having the same problem and it worked for me. :)

20. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Great. Glad to hear that it worked, Tristan.
    Thanks
    Andy.