/dist/images/branding/favicon

Rolling horizon / Movi 10 (Akira software) / Alta 6

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Justin A Zattelman, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Justin A Zattelman

Justin A Zattelman New Member

Hi guys,

I've been searching through the forums the past 6 months looking for an answer to stop our gimbal horizon rolling when the drone builds up a little pace. It doesn't have to be moving fast, maybe 30km/h but the horizon can roll up to 45 degrees when panning around while the Alta is flying in a straight line.

I just received the Maxtenna from Freefly, hoping that the increased GPS satellite count would be the answer however I'm not really getting better satellite reception.

Notes:
    - I have the heading assist set to "GPS" in the MOVI App.
    - The gimbal is perfectly balanced and tuned. There is no vibration or unwanted camera movement.
    - The gimbal tends to roll at speed, not necessarily due to a fast acceleration movement.

A friend of mine has the MOVI 15 and encountered the same horizon roll problem when using it in a helicopter.

Surely there are out there experiencing the same problem, please give a shout out if you are!

Cheers,

Justin

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

3. Justin A Zattelman

4. Justin A Zattelman

Here is a video of the problem

Ozkan Erden likes this.
  5. Robbert van Weelderen

I had a problem where the camera would roll a bit when changing directions with the Alta even when at very low speeds. This looks to be a bit of the same problem but continually.
    Last night I was testing out why my problem was happening and was doing that using the Movi handhold (not on the Alta) in both Dual Operator and Majestic mode and it was rolling when I moved the handle.
    I had set the maximum roll angle to 5 degrees in the software to limit the amount of roll I could perform when controlling with the Mimic. When I put this value back to higher values the problem went away and the camera was staying level again while moving the handle bar.

6. Justin A Zattelman

Thanks Robbert, I'll check out what limits I have set for the roll.

7. Justin A Zattelman

I think it's worth adding that I struggle to get more than 7 or 8 satellites with the MOVI. Perhaps the software doesn't have an accurate enough GPS lock to monitor the acceleration/ deceleration of the MOVI while in flight.

How many satellites do you guys usually get?