/dist/images/branding/favicon

Art of Technology

Discussion in 'CineStar Showcase (Photo/Video)' started by Tabb Firchau, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

Very nice Jeff, beautiful scenic views. I'm curious, have you used the FS100 at all? if so how does the CX760 compare as far as resolution straight from camera at full 1080 viewing? Is there an immediately noticeable difference in resolution?

Radian roll hold is without a doubt rock steady! That was nice calm floaty flying. Would it be possible for you to do another roll test? rotate the gimbal a full 90 degrees from front then fly in a straight line at a moderately fast rate, to simulate as if you were filming a biker's full profile as he's riding down the road. The small bridge in your video at :33 when the red car drives across would actually be the ultimate roll challenge.. track a vehicle's full side profile with the camera/gimbal rotated 90 degrees (looking directly at the car's passenger or driver's side doors) while it's driving across the bridge, keeping up with the car's speed.

All of this without the CX760's BOSS system active.

For these type shots you would need to be at level with the moving car and not above it... It's hard to judge roll performance when the camera is above and looking down at the object it is tracking.

I know firsthand that there isn't currently any stab solution that could handle that shot on the roll axis. (Not saying that Radian cannot) Are you up for it? If so, please keep the entire run, I'd like to see the roll axis stabilize back to normal once the craft levels out in flight. This is a huge challenge for any stab system. I just want to see how well roll holds under these fast flying conditions.

Again, I'm not doubting the system, it appears to be already proven. This is more of a confirmation for myself.

Thanks,
    Howard Dapp

2. Jeff Scholl

Jeff Scholl Distributor

With enough light it would be hard to see a different between the 760 and FS100, however at low light the FS100\700 shines.

I have a zip line video of sideways chase with the 360gimbal with 3 radians. It is a few weeks old on my Vimeo channel.

Cheers,
    Jeff

3. Johan Schenning

Johan Schenning New Member

Here is a video from some of our flights with the CS8. We are waiting for the Radian.

/Johan

4. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Looks good! I want to go find some fields like that to go fly around!

What motors are you using? T-Motors?

5. Nick Kolias

Nick Kolias Moderator
    Staff Member

Very nice, Johan. The rock climbing shots are extra sweet.

6. Tabb Firchau

Tabb Firchau Administrator
    Staff Member

Beautiful work Johan and Jeff! I am glad this thread is taking off and people are sharing what they create.

7. Brady Brandwood

Brady Brandwood New Member

A few scenics around the South East US,... NC, SC, & GA,... flying free style (no Alt-Hold, no FPV, or GPS).

Some may recognize the kudzu setting as a location used in Hootie & The Blowfish's 'The Old Man & Me' video,... and the Chatooga River was a setting in 'Deliverance'.

http://www.fototime.com/9C76AD485B9B724/convx264.mp4

Brady Brandwood

8. Nick Kolias

Nick Kolias Moderator
    Staff Member

Nice, stable shots Brady. Too bad they didn't have you there with the Cinestar back when Deliverance was being filmed. :D It would have been perfect!

9. Brady Brandwood

Yeah, it might be time for a Deliverance re-make,... starring all the kids from Super Bad. :)

Brady Brandwood

[​IMG]

10. Tabb Firchau

Staff Member

Here is a nice Honda spot we worked on:

Joe Azzarelli and BirdsEyeProd like this.
  11. Brady Brandwood

Very cool integration of your aerial shots! Thanks for sharing! Love the concept of the spot in general too.

Brady

12. Jeff Scholl

Jeff Scholl Distributor

Awesome work Tabb!
    Here is some paint ball fun from yesterday:

Cheers,
    Jeff

CPoulsen likes this.
  13. Josh Lambeth

Josh Lambeth Well-Known Member

Nice Tabb! Loved that shot of the freeway interchange!

Josh

14. Nick Kolias

Nick Kolias Moderator
    Staff Member

That spot turned out beautiful,Tabb.

Jeff, that looks like it was a blast. Did you get to pull a trigger at all or were you just documenting? I think another round is in order but this time it should be the FFS team vs. QC. I'll document the carnage from above! :D

nick

15. Jeff Scholl

Jeff Scholl Distributor

No trigger for me, however the token war correspondent did have a few welts and a bit of paint on his kopters.
    Not to sure if we would fair too well against FFS. They would force a few Red Bulls in David and before we could attack half the state would be covered with paint :)

Cheers,
    Jeff

16. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

You got paint on the copter? They were shooting at the copter? That's no fair. Geneva Convention, etc.

Andy.

17. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

Watching "Independence Day" on the A&E channel when suddenly your Honda commercial appeared. Huge

18. Tabb Firchau

Staff Member

Cool Howard! I have not seen it on the big screen yet.

Tabb

19. Drones4You

Drones4You New Member

Hey guys

This is our last job from Ferreti Group

we hope that you like

20. Rick Marcus

Rick Marcus New Member

Hi all. Some really fantastic videos up here. I know this is the "art" section and I don't want to derail this too far off topic, but I am curious if any of these videos are straight "raw" out of the camera. By raw I mean no post stabilization in the software and no mechanical stabilization in the lenses or camera...just relying on the performance of the gimbal.

Please let me know. I have not achieved this level of smooothness and locked horizon that I am seeing in these videos. I am close and can get there with some post stab, but I am trying to gage how far off I am.

If your video on here is "raw", I would love to know it. Thanks.