/dist/images/branding/favicon

Overheating issues with akira?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by soren nielsen, Mar 12, 2016.

1. soren nielsen

soren nielsen New Member

I'm operating on a feature in Providencia, Colombia (its not too hot, but its 30ish) and I have a cage upgraded Movi M10, running Akira.

We are shooting on an Alexa Mini with Ultra Primes. Things have been going incredibly well, getting great results with Akira, but today I had strange issues where the Movi would be functioning great, then would jolt a few times and go limp with the 3 indicator lights constantly blinking. On trying to swap batteries and reboot I would get the same result. The only thing that temporarily helped was cooling the movi down (the rear control box was getting quite hot). Balance is spot on, but I have started to get some strange vibrations coming from the roll motor (not like over tuning, much smoother). I've tried adjusting the output filters, but no luck. Setting are below

Tuning

pan 309
    roll 112
    tilt 177

output filters
    pan 5
    tilt 1
    roll 5

Filter gain
    gyro 5
    output 1

Any thoughts?

2. Soren,
    Unusually high Stiffness tuning values (depending on the setup). We would be curious to know how you are verifying that your "Balance is spot on" prior to even powering the MoVI on. If you could please email us at support@freeflysystems.com, we would be happy to provide you with some suggestions, and troubleshooting instructions to narrow down any issue.

3. soren nielsen

soren nielsen New Member

I'm now back and have internet and wanted to follow up on this. After more test, I was able to find a small gap in the tilt motor connection, after discovering it and fixing it the problem seems to have completely gone away