/dist/images/branding/favicon

Recommended V-Mount & RED LCD Hardware

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Stephen Gray, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Stephen Gray

Stephen Gray New Member

So we’re rigging our MoVi to fly a RED, completely stripped down, and aiming to run our D-Tap ultra-thin power cable from RED to a V-Mount battery mounted on the top handles of our MoVi. Making batteries hot swappable, not having to re-balance (as we have a few of different sizes)

We have the RED, 3 Freefly accessory mounts, the Movi, and the V-Mount battery.

Looking for:
    • A simple V-Mount Plate w/ D-Tap mounted to handle bars
    • Way of attaching RED Touch LCD to handle bars
    Does anyone have recommendations of what to purchase to get a most ultra-light, bare-bones V-Mount plate on those top handles? Wooden Camera recommended a Pro-X V-Mount Plate with Bolt on Battery Plate (WC) and fasten that directly to Freefly’s accessory mounts. Would that be sufficient, or would there be a better, simpler solution? We're fine having something permanently attached to the handles (V-Mount plate).

In addition, we’re wondering about mounting our Red Touch LCD to the top MoVi Handles. I've seen some amazing set ups and forgive my ignorance here, but does anyone have recommendations for what to use to catch the screws going from LCD plate into Freefly's accessory mount, to keep it secure?

Thanks so much!

2. Jason Comparetto

Jason Comparetto Active Member

3. Stephen Gray

Stephen Gray New Member

Great suggestion Jason, thanks!

4. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

The easiest a lightest setup is to simply use two of Freefly's accessory mounts and a pair of 1/4-20 screws. You simply screw from the bottom into the two threaded holes on the bottom of the monitor. No additional hardware is required, and it's very secure and lightweight.

5. Stephen Gray

Stephen Gray New Member

Thanks Austin - I'll give that a shot!

As for V-Mount on top handles, Wooden Camera's latest recommendation is these two in tandem, which I think would work well with 2 Freefly Accessory mounts hey?

WC V-Mount (Dual D-Tap) attached to the Bolt on Battery Plate that would mount onto the Freefly Accessory Mount

6. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Stephen, Freefly sells a handle bar battery mount in their store:

http://store.freeflysystems.com/collections/power/products/vlock-handlebar-adapter-kit

Personally, I don't like to put the battery on the handles. It's really in the way of the monitor and my support vest, so I prefer to mount the battery to the Epic, either on the side or the back. On an M15, the battery weight's not really an issue for most setups. Keeps me from running an extra cable from the handles down to the gimbal, too.

Here's a pic of it assembled:

IMG_1875.JPG

7. Stephen Gray

Stephen Gray New Member

It's more of a re-balance concern with various sizes of batteries. Freefly's handlebar adapter kit looks stellar. Thanks for sharing Graham.

8. Randy Panado

Randy Panado New Member

What cable would I use to power a RED Scarlet-W from the movi handle bar kit? D-Tap to Lemo?