/dist/images/branding/favicon

Sony PXW-FS5 grip relocated to MOVI M5?

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Brian Isserman, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Brian Isserman

Brian Isserman New Member

Hello!
    Has anyone tried to relocate the grip for the FS5 to the MOVI M5?
    Before I dig into it, I was hoping someone might have done it already and has some tips.
    I have found that Zacuto makes a grip relocator. It's a start I guess.
    http://store.zacuto.com/fs5-grip-relocator/

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Brian

2. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Brian, I've only used the FS5 and FS7 for a couple of shooting days, but I found the grip to be optional. What functions\buttons on it do you need to have when you're on the Movi? Can't you just remove it and go without?

Granted, we were using Prime lenses, so maybe you want to use the Zoom rocker? Or Focus Magnifier button?

3. Brian Isserman

Brian Isserman New Member

Hey Graham! Well, I was thinking...how great would it be to move the smart grip over to the MOVI frame so I can have complete control on the fly. It allows you to set up the assignable buttons to do everything from focus peaking, iris and ND control to Super Slow motion. Not to mention focus(with certain lenses) and of course super easy access to the record button. I came across a similar set-up for the C100/C300 & the Ronin.

https://www.cinema5d.com/how-to-attach-the-c100c300-hand-grip-to-your-movi-or-ronin/

I am still a NoOb with both the camera and the MOVI but I am trying to learn new stuff every day.

Cheers
    Brian

4. Sven D.

Sven D. New Member

Hey Brian,

I am actually pretty much in the same situation. Did you decide on a feasible solution yet?

Cheers,
    Sven