/dist/images/branding/favicon

How to power my "Nyrius Aries pro" wireless video transmitter with my MoviM5 battery

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Akpe Ododoru, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Akpe Ododoru

Akpe Ododoru Member

Am looking to power my "Nyrius Aries pro" wireless video transmitter with my MoviM5 battery

Can someone pls tell me or link me to the cable i need to get for it?
    Can you also ple instruct or link me to any video that can help with showing me how to connect it.

The "Nyrius Aries pro" wireless video transmitter is 5v if that helps

Akpe IMG_7076.JPG

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Akpe when I have needed a small usb power cable I have had to make my own. Take a cable that fits, cut it and wire to the appropriate battery/connector. I don't think you will find something commercially available.

3. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Akpe, can you just use an external USB battery to power it? Something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/iXCC-3400mAH-Power-Bank-Portable/dp/B0128FACBQ/

Otherwise you're going to need a cable (and a JST splitter, to power your Movi and the transmitter) that has a 5V voltage regulator on it.

B&H sells a cable like that, but it goes from P-Tap. I suppose you could change the P-Tap connector to JST, but it's a lot of cable to clean up and will cost much more.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ..._tools_indi_gpcc_power_converter_ptap_to.html

4. Walter Brokx

Walter Brokx New Member

Just remember that when you completely drain a M5 LiPo it might never charge again.
    When powering the MoVI there is a safety catch to shut the MoVI down before the battery is dead.

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  5. Akpe Ododoru

Akpe Ododoru Member

Thanks guys, i might just go with the portable battery Graham recommended

6. Nicolas T

Nicolas T Member

I have done the portable Anker batteries. its not as ideal because it adds weight but it works. If you are using SmallHD monitors, they do 5v out of the USB port, so you can just connect a usb cable (with the right ends) up to the Aries. It will require the small end (i can't remember the name) on both sides.