/dist/images/branding/favicon

Playback Issue with Sony AX100

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Chris Spaulding, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Chris Spaulding

Chris Spaulding New Member

Hello all. I'm new here, but I can assure you that I DID infact search prior to posting my question. :)

I've recently begun working for a commercial drone operation as their lead pilot and FAA compliance manager. As part of a startup, I definitely wear many other hats other than those assigned. Our main drones are utilizing Freefly Alta's with the MOVI 5 gimbal system.

When using the AX100 we don't get any of the "playback information" (whether or not it's recording, recording duration, battery life etc) on our HD monitor. We've tried all three different MOVI/connex setups with three different HD monitor types that we own. Each attempt we messed with every setting possible and had no luck. How do we get this playback information to display on the monitor? I've looked through the users manual as well, and again, nothing pertaining to what I'm looking for.

2. Stefan Hunziker

Stefan Hunziker New Member

hello chris
    i do not know the AX 100, but some other sony cameras... unfortunately, some of them do not transmit the full display info on their HDMI port - only the image - its not the fault of connex or your monitors. (same is true if you use the lan-c port)
    stefan

3. Chris Spaulding

Chris Spaulding New Member

Thanks for the quick reply Stefan. I posted the same post on avsforum (popular camera forum) and got this reply:

"Go into the Toolbox menu in the lower right of the settings menu and turn "Control for HDMI" on (scroll down quite a bit to get to it).

Keep in mind, you'll only see the video output while shooting in 720p or 1080p. The screen will black out in 4K while rolling video."

I tried doing that and changing to 1080 and 720 but still got no information output to the screen. I guess it's just not possible without changing code in the camera itself, which is a route I'm not going to go.