/dist/images/branding/favicon

the problem with Akira and Spekturim DX Radio bind..

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Markku Rytinki, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Markku Rytinki

Markku Rytinki New Member

upgraded the movi m10 Akira and and lost my radio signal. if I try to bind the radio with movi soft and power the movi again there is no light in satellite???

after downgrade back the V4.02 BIND is working normally and everything works.
    whether any of same issue?

2. Rolf Ableiter

Rolf Ableiter Active Member

i had no problem with my spektrum after update...
    i would try the update process again to see if there went something wrong while updating.
    But you actually don't have to bind them. Once they are binded, everything should work.
    If they work with 4.02 then there is no reason why they shouldn't do that with akira. Did you check the cable?

3. Markku Rytinki

I upgraded back to 5.0 and a radio worked first launch but when I turn off the movi and I turn it on the radio does not work anymore...
    I will continue troubleshooting

4. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

Having the same issue. Did you work it out?

5. Markku Rytinki

6. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

Was about to resort to reverting back to the last firmware, but before I did that I unplugged and replugged the rx and now everything is working as it should. Go figure.

7. Jeff Camden

Jeff Camden New Member

Same issue here. Tried unplugging satellite RX and re-plugging, no result. Re-installed Akira, no result, tried a second DX7s, no result. Having to revert to old firmware. Will contact freely and see what they say, if anyone has a fix I would love to hear it.

8. Jeff Camden

Jeff Camden New Member

OK so we fixed our issue, here is what we did:
    Re-installed firmware 4.02, reset controller in MoVI app, Autotune, re-bind to DX7s, saved settings. We then upgraded firmware to Akira, and all is well with the DX7s controlling the M10.

Graham Futerfas likes this.
  9. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Hi Jeff, I just ran into a problem today, and your post saved me, so I'm going to follow up here with my experiences too, in case it helps someone else.

I somehow un-bound my receiver from the DX7s, and then I couldn't get it to re-bind. It had been working great for several weeks after the firmware update, and then I messed with the receiver (I forget how, even - maybe I pushed the Bind button on the DX7?).

So I followed your instructions, went back to 4.02 firmware, Reset Controller, Autotune, Bind Radio, turn off Movi, turn back on, hold bind button on DX7s and turn it on. Then it was Re-bound. Write settings, Saved Settings, and then re-updated firmware to Akira.

This video was also very helpful:

So is it a Firmware update bug, or a bug in the apps, that we can't just re-bind in the new software? That was a major pain.

Anyway, thanks for your post.
    -Graham

10. Chris Behnen

Chris Behnen New Member

Did this ever get solved beyond the back-updating? I just got an M5 in the mail today and i cannot get my DX7s to control the movi. it seems to bind and have signal but nothing happens when i do anything with the remote. If this still is a glitch, anyone know where i can download the 4.02 firmware?

11. Jeff Camden

Jeff Camden New Member

Hey Chris,
    Not sure what happened with the stable version of Akira. Check to see if the satellite receiver is connected to the transmitter (DX7s) if it is, check to see your in dual control mode in the app (has to be android or have a wifi receiver installed for iPhone). If you are check to see the gains are up and havnt reset to zero. If all else fails you might have to resort to going back down and back up if the "zen desk can't help".
    Good luck mate

12. Chris Behnen

Chris Behnen New Member

All that checks out. still nothing happening. where do I find old firmware?

13. Jeff Camden

Jeff Camden New Member

not sure you can try the zen desk they might help

14. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

This bug was fixed by 5.0.2 firmware. I can bind radios in Akira on my M15.

If you seem to have signal but no function, did you go in the App and change Radio to DSMX 2042? Are you switched to Remote, and not Majestic on the DX7?