/dist/images/branding/favicon

Akira & new android app - Read/Write settings

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Martin Osborne, Feb 28, 2016.

1. Martin Osborne

Has anyone else experienced this?

When in the configurations page, there are two buttons that say 'read' and 'write'. I would assume that these should work in the same way as previous versions have worked, where these commands would read or write to the Movi memory. But whichever button I press, it takes me to the presets page that pressing the 'configurations' button just above 'read' and 'write' should. Here I have to make a new preset every time as there is no 'overwrite' option, and when I power cycle the Movi it loads some settings from a long time ago, and I have to go back to the presets page and press 'apply' to get my settings back.

This feels like there is a problem with the app, that some of the buttons don't respond properly.

I also had problems trying to calibrate the compass the last day out. Similar issue. When I went to start a compass calibration, I got to the first page but the 'start' button is totally unresponsive.

2. Frank Galella

Frank Galella New Member

Martin, there are some issue with the app, the "write" function does not work on some android devices. i use the NVidia shield as my tablet and the write function does not work, but when i use my droid phone it does. Try another android device, Freefly knows about the problem and they have a fix in the works.

3. Mark Hoffman

Mark Hoffman Active Member

The read and write buttons do not work for me as well. I am using the cheap Samsung Tab3 that I know a lot of us use. Unfortunately I don't have another android device to try.

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I think there are some bugs in the Android release. I expect FF to spin a new version soon. It's a little disconcerting.

5. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Sometimes it works for me and sometimes I think my finger is too big and hits the Presets button like you describe. So maybe the button target area is too small? I'm on a Nexus 7 tablet.

6. Jochen Braune

Jochen Braune New Member

I have the same problem like Graham. Nexus 7 . Sometimes it works sometimes not.
    Looks like a bug ....

7. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

It seems that the buttons are overlapping. Sometimes you can hit it just right, and it will select the "write" button. We are working on a fix.

In the meantime, you can use the 1.8 legacy app to configure and save settings.

8. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

You can find the newest version of the Android app on the Beta Software Page. You can now write your settings in the 2.0.1 app!

Steve Maller and Ben Ruffell like this.