/dist/images/branding/favicon

MoVI violent vibrations when flying ALTA in Height or Position hold

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Dimitar Krustev, Feb 22, 2016.

1. Dimitar Krustev

Dimitar Krustev New Member

Hello guys
    Today I have experienced very strange issue. When I fly the ALTA in Manual, everything is fine but when I switch the f.Mode to Height or Position the MoVI starts to vibrate very violent in tilt axis. It happens also when the copter is just hovering in the air, no movement at all. When I switch back to Manual all the vibrations disappears. We have tried to change the gimbal setting from GPS to Compass but the vibration stayed (it was just a thought for interference between the two GPS modules). On the MoVI side we are using Spektrum DX7 and GPS maxtenna in inverted mode(top mounted on the ALTA), on ALTAs, Futaba TG14. If someone have any idea. please help. It left me very confused. Thank you in advance. Wish you all happy flying

2. Humberto Barchini

I think that the Alta is vibrating not the Movi... what camera are you using? I solved that problem reducing the vertical stiffness to 6!!! but that setup is for heavy cameras like red or alexa mini...
    So if you can share your camera setup, what movi are you using and what are your gains in height I think it will be easy...

3. Dimitar Krustev

Thank you for your reply. I am seeing the vibrations of the gimbal clearly, not talking about the footage. I flew it infront of me and tried switching the f.modes, once did that, the tilt starts to almost move fast up and down but the copter performs great. When I flip the switch back to manual the movi comes down. I am flying with M10 and GH4. Thanks again for your reply. I am missing something for sure

Humberto Barchini likes this.
  4. Rolf Ableiter

Rolf Ableiter Active Member

i am sure it is the vertical stiffness of the ALTA. try to lower it (mine is at 5 for Sony FS5 and lumix GH4).
    And also try to set the hold strength of the MoVI higher (if not done already) but not to high (this will result in overshooting).
    Are you on firmware version 5? if not. i would update. stabilization is much better.

Humberto Barchini likes this.
  5. Dimitar Krustev

Thank you very much Rolf and Humberto. It was the vertical stiffness as you said. When I have lowered it the vibrations disappeard. I was sure it was the MoVI because visualy the ALTA performed great with no noticable vibrations but the gimbal was clearly vibrating a lot in tilt axis. Thank you very much again. Wish you all happy flying