/dist/images/branding/favicon

Assistance with Heading Assist

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Ben Lloyd, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Ben Lloyd

Ben Lloyd New Member

Am I correct in assuming that when in Heading Assist - Compass mode, the camera will consistently point in the same direction? In other words, the user is relying on the compass to set direction. And GPS mode is similar?

My current challenge: when the device is set to Compass mode it behaves as described above (stays pointed in a consistent direction), but then seems to revert to normal majestic mode after about 5 seconds. How can I get it to stay in Compass mode. Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Ben,
    I'm afraid you've misunderstood the "modes". GPS and compass modes just indicate what the MōVI is using to maintain whichever actual mode (Airborne vs. Handheld) you've chosen. If the MōVI is changing modes in flight, it's likely that it has lost communication with the RC TX or something like that.
    Steve

3. Ben Lloyd

Ben Lloyd New Member

Thank you Steve. I'm not shocked that I had it wrong. This question was actually the result of my attempt to learn about timelapse mode. It felt like there should be a way to reduce the variables of handheld shooting (such as keep the camera pointed in a consistent direction) and rely on the path established in timelapse mode for most of the camera movement. I guess I was hoping there was something like a target/timelapse combination. Thanks again for your response.

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Timelapse is brand new, and I think still somewhat under construction. I'd send your feedback and thoughts to support@freeflysystems.com.