/dist/images/branding/favicon

What are your thoughts on Turbo Ace Jockey 4th Axis?

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Adam Brennan, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

2. Charles Lim

Charles Lim Member

apparently i read somewhere that the DJI owners were complaining that the springs cannot take the weight of a DJI ronin + RED epic .

3. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

That's good to know! I think it's a great idea if it works but it also looks a bit clunky to carry around.

4. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

For the Kickstarter they had a variant that came with a "toad-ready" mounting plate, which I ordered. While the stated capacity is 20 pounds, that is generous. The first and only shoot I had with it loaded it with about 18 pounds and the device is barely usable. I'm hesitant to place too much blame in the mechanics of the device, since the springs managed to stabilize decently, but it was more about the overall bulk and weight that made it impractical.

5. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

Thanks Austin! I think I will save my money. Are there any links you know of that shows you how to walk with a gimbal. That is my biggest challenge

6. Kurt Wallrath

Kurt Wallrath Member

Hey Adam,

The second version of the Tilta Armor Man works great as a gimbal support and does a good job at stabilizing the 4th axis. I'd recommend you spend your money on the Armor Man over the Jockey.

http://ikancorp.com/productdetail.php?id=1122