/dist/images/branding/favicon

Alta fpv vtx & movi vtx. What do you use?

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Iacopo Boccalari, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Iacopo Boccalari

Iacopo Boccalari New Member

At my company, we've just bought an Alta. Test flight went great, I couldn't believe how well it behaves and how silent it is compared to any other multirotor I've flown in the past 5 years!

Now to the question:
    does anyone use 5.8GHz analog video transmitters for the fpv camera and the movi at the same time?
    My concern is the two signals will "compete" with each other. The only way I know to attenuate this problem is to use antennas with different polarization and transmitting using the 2 furthest channels available. Is that enough to give good range? I don't wanna use other bands than 5,8GHz.

Second question... Would a 5.8GHz digital system (like the Amimon Connex) be a solution? Obviously I would mount a 5,8GHz 600mW analog transmitter on the alta for the fpv video link and the Connex to the movi.

Let me know your thoughts and set-ups!
    Thanks in advance

2. Dimitar Krustev

Dimitar Krustev New Member

Hello Iacopo Boccalari
    Our Alta setup is with Connex for main camera video and Immercion RC 600mW analog for OSD and FPV camera. Until now I had no range issues with this configuration. The Connex and FPV videos are rock solid, no interference noticed. Hope I helped a bit.
    Cheers

Iacopo Boccalari likes this.
  3. Rolf Ableiter

Rolf Ableiter Active Member

i use 5.8 analogue for both FPV and MoVI. this isn't a problem. i use the fat shark band for both - channel 1 for the main camera and channel 3 for FPV.
    so the pilot can switch to the main camera picture if this is needed.

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I use RHCP and LHCP antennas on adjacent channels with my 1.3 system. You could probably do the same thing with 5.8ghz TXs.

5. Iacopo Boccalari

Thanks everyone for your replies!
    Rolf, have you range-tested your setup? How far can you go?

6. Rolf Ableiter

Rolf Ableiter Active Member

it depends on your transmitter power.
    I use 200mW on both and have great results.
    with this i can go up to 120m high and maybe 200-400m far (or more). FPV is always great because the antenna doesn't move.
    If you need more range - just take a transmitter with more power. Thats the reason why i use these analogue settings. It's easy to get higher ranges. As long as i don't use remote focus i will not change this :)

7. Iacopo Boccalari

Great! Thanks a lot! I'll be using immersionRC 600mW transmitters so range should be totally ok!

8. Claude Wehrli

Claude Wehrli New Member