/dist/images/branding/favicon

Canon C300 mark2 fits on the M10?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by alain baars, Aug 27, 2015.

1. alain baars

alain baars Member

i am curious, I am using the C300 on the M10, but the mark 2 version of that camera is slightly bigger.
    I hope it will fit, but I am slightly worried, since the bigger size and the (I believe) not removanble EVF may cause a problem.

2. Runar Blekken

Runar Blekken New Member

Alan, I was worried about the same thing so I tried today. Did NOT work... Have seen pictures on Instagram of what seems to be a working combination, but could not make it fit. The problem is, as you mention, the viewfinder: it hits both the back rail and the top motor. Tried with a Rokinon 35mm Cine lens. Disappointed!

3. alain baars

alain baars Member

where have you seen those pictures.
    How come it doesn't work? Do you know what the exact difference in height is compared to the c300? cause I have plenty of headroom left. Hope we can help each other, cause in a couple of days/week my C3002 will arrive.

4. Runar Blekken

Runar Blekken New Member

picture here:

https://instagram.com/p/8EY6rzw4Og/

Not sure what the exact height difference is - main problem is the viewfinder. It simply sticks out in a way that interferes with the movement of the cage. And it is not removable like on mk1. Really hoping there is some way around this, since I am planning to move on to mk2 soon myself.

5. alain baars

alain baars Member

thanks for the insta. the headroom is even bigger than with my M10 and C300. I don't see the problem, but what is the sticking out problem, is that in the upper way or the back way?

6. alain baars

alain baars Member

I see that they have added a quick release as well, this makes it even stranger. it's hanging quite low, so that might be of some help when it comes to headroom. I use a custom-made quick release that cost me a fortune, but is ultra thin, I hope that will help me.
    Wht do you use as a quick release? or you don't use one at all?

7. Runar Blekken

Runar Blekken New Member

Tried both with a quick release and bare bones. The viewfinder hit in the back when tilting up and in the top when tilting down. It was a quick test, so I´m hoping there might be a way around this. Haven´t seen many postings about the combo yet.

8. alain baars

alain baars Member

I see your point.
    Is your C300m2 as ow on the M10 as on the insta?
    as we cannot see on the insta is the backside of the EVF, the distance to the back of the movi.

let's keep each other posted, i'll have my C300m2 any moment, can be thursday, can be in 3 weeks.

9. Runar Blekken

Runar Blekken New Member

10. alain baars

alain baars Member

thnx. what was his answer?
    I can see that it hangs very low on the vertical Movi tubes

11. Runar Blekken

Runar Blekken New Member

12. Oliver Peng

Oliver Peng New Member

Hey guys, would love to know if you guys figured out if the C300 MkII fits on the M10? Also, are you guys using the version of the M10 with the full cage?

13. Runar Blekken

Runar Blekken New Member

Hi Oliver. Not using the full cage. And I haven´t heard of anyone who got it working smoothly. Seems people are upgrading to M15 along with the mkII... I am considering moving to another camera instead.

14. Hikari Homma

Hikari Homma Member

I operated C300mk2 on my M10 many times. I attached counter weight on the battery(BP-A60). Then it could balance on M10. Balance is not perfect and VF will hit to pan motor and roll bar if you tilt MoVI quickly. But mostly it's not big problem for operate.

15. Oliver Peng

Oliver Peng New Member

Thanks for the response Runar. That's disappointing to hear. With how great the autofocus on the C300 MkII, you'd think they'd make it easier to mount onto gimbals!

Bryan Edmonds likes this.
  16. David Blair

David Blair New Member

Could always use the MoVI in inverted mode, then the viewfinder becomes less of a problem.

Bryan Edmonds likes this.