/dist/images/branding/favicon

new firmware 5

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Rolf Ableiter, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Bryan Edmonds

Bryan Edmonds Chief Mōvi Whisperer

Augusto, I think Chris responded to your email, but I wanted to post on here for everyone else:

If you get a Comms Revision Error, you need to update to the latest app for your device. The MōVI 5.0 beta firmware compatible apps are further down on the page (in the MōVI APPS section).

If you have any issues with the update, let us know at support@freeflysystems.com

2. Benjamin Kenobi

Benjamin Kenobi New Member

Re-tune your stiffness settings dude.

3. Mike Reid

Mike Reid Member

Problem solved for the graupner. I had done a reset on my MZ-18 to make a fresh setup and forgot that it didn't put you onto SUMO 12 by default. In case somebody else has this same issue this video will get you setup again..

4. Senthil Nathan

So, how do we go about using the HiPer stabilization?

5. We recommend everyone review the MoVI FW 5.0 BETA (Akira) [user manual](http://d27w8s76bjlz9v.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/08181024/Akira-Beta-Manual.pdf) before installing the firmware. For specific questions regarding HIGH-PERFORMANCE (HIPER) FEATURES, please refer to page 18 of the user manual. It says the following...
    **HIGH-PERFORMANCE (HIPER) FEATURES**
    This firmware update includes several new features that enable higher stabilization performance:
    » Higher Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) bandwidth.
    » Reduced IMU latency.
    » 2x higher control loop rate.
    » 2x faster signal filtering with independent filters for Pan, Tilt, and Roll.
    **No action is required to turn on these new features. Re-tune your MōVI to take advantage of the improvements.*

If you have any additional questions, please feel free and contact us at support@freeflysystems.com

6. Senthil Nathan

Yup. Noted. Retuned and everything looks good. Running firmware 5 without any incident so far. Time-lapse features are awesome.

7. Rolf Ableiter

Rolf Ableiter Active Member

8. Roger Fosaas

Roger Fosaas New Member

You will need a special freefly Printer in carbon to print out instructions :)

Joshua Gladu and Janne Hoglund like this.
  9. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

Love it!

10. Howard Dapp

Howard Dapp Active Member

I'd love to see the auto tracking feature!

11. Janne Hoglund

Janne Hoglund Member

Awesome feature this :)
    But how long time does a std M5 batt last making a timelapse?
    Anyone tested that yet?

12. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

This in combination with Kessler's Cineslider would make for some interesting time lapse.

13. Rolf Ableiter

the problem is that the MoVI software can't stop the movement for longer exposures synced to the camera shutter to avoid unsharpness.
    it doesn't make sense to use it with shutter times far under 1/50sec (for night timelapse with stars it needs 20-30sec)
    but even with this "problem" the new feature is awesome. you can drive the MoVI with a TERO (oder mounted to a car, etc) while shooting timelapse f.e. and everything is stabilized.
    I would like to have a more sophisticated realtime movement feature with the abilitiy to save the movements.
    better keyframe editing with a realtime timeline would be a killer feature to use it as a stabilized and motorized "total recall" remotehead.

14. Andrew Griffiths

We're rolling back our firmware from 5 to 4.2.

Not sure if anyone else had problems with tunning but we found that our M10's performed worse on v5. We did the compass cal and I noticed tilt and roll stiffness improved but Pan plummeted from 130 on v4.2 down to 36 on V5. We managed to get it back up to 65 by increasing the gyro filter but it still didn't perform like it did on 4.2 (yes pan axis is perfectly balanced). We started with Autotune on 70% and gradually wound it down to 50% but the pan would shake when we tried increasing pan stiffness beyond 65.

Maybe we missed something but V4.2 seems like an improvement over V5 in stability at this stage.

15. Rolf Ableiter

mine works better.
    the gyro and output filters are higher than before but the M10 is smoother.
    but i didn't test with the ALTA yet (rain and storm here).

16. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

I did a little test with the time-lapse feature today. Its pretty good in terms of its setup, but midway through the shot I lost bluetooth connection and as far as I could tell the move stopped. This would be a critical floor if I was working on a job trying to execute a time-lapse shot. Has anyone experienced this? was I just too impatient and the shot was still executing, but didn't notice because it was moving so slowly?

17. alex ryan

alex ryan Member

Whoops, just saw in the manual (I must have mist it in the first read) that the Movi continues the shot without connection to the app. My bad.

18. Rolf Ableiter

yes - the MovI will contonue without bluetooth connection.
    I did a 1hour timelapse in a restaurant with my M10 without any problems (i turned the tablet off after starting)
    it would be nice to have a shutter feature with cameras in bulb mode (stop movement, shutter, continue).

19. Adam Brennan

Adam Brennan Member

Just update my Movi and pretty happy with the results. I really don't have a need for the timelapse since I am using Kessler gear for that, but over all the Movi is more stable!

20. Janne Hoglund

Janne Hoglund Member

Just updated with Akira, update OK! Using latest app, Mac 1.630. (Mac OS 10.10.4)
    But when trying to reboot-
    ¨Firmware revision not recognized. Please ensure you are using the latest version of this app.¨
    Well I am using the latest app!
    And yes i have done several restarts of everything. Fully charged battery on M5.
    The M5 lights upp but there is no stabilisation!!
    Whats wrong?
    Anyone?