/dist/images/branding/favicon

MOVI MR and Futaba R7008SB

Discussion in 'MōVI MR' started by Tim Gould, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Tim Gould

Tim Gould New Member

Can someone tell me if the MOVI is compatible with the Futaba R7008SB receiver? We are looking at purchasing the 14SG for it's telemetry capabilities, but it sounds like we would need to use two of the R7008SB receivers to allow for one person or two person setup and telemetry. I have heard that the sbus from the R7008SB does not work well with all devices. Can anyone confirm that it works with the MOVI?

My understanding is that the non telemetry sbus receivers work fine.

Thanks,

Tim

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Tim it does not work with the R7008SB. Something about the implementation of sBUS on the telemetry receiver is just enough different that it won't connect. And the other limitation is that the radio mode on the 14SG has a specific setting for the 7008SB. You can run 2 R7008SB's but you can't run a mix of telemetry and normal receivers. It has been reported to the developers.

Multiple regular receivers work fine.

3. Todd Hillhouse

Todd Hillhouse New Member

is this still the case - the R7008SB will not work with Movi? Could I control the movi and other equipment using 7 bus from a connex air unit. Could I use the 14SG and sbus over connex for operations?

4. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I use this exact setup on my MōVI M5 (14SG). I wanted the same TX as I use for my ALTA so I had a bit of redundancy if there was a failure in the field.

I believe Futaba compatibility came along via a firmware update sometime last year. So make sure your MōVI is up-to-date on its firmware before you try this.

5. Todd Hillhouse

Todd Hillhouse New Member

My Movi is updated to 4.02. I have mine mounted on the Alta as well. I really want to use the connex as I have a sensor module that takes sbus and can control an infrared sensor and smaller sony cam. Be even better if I could get the movi controller to use the aux data port to send signals over the connex.