/dist/images/branding/favicon

ALTA movements questions

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Cesar Fernandez, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Cesar Fernandez

I am new to the world of drones and I recently purchased an ALTA drone and I am learning how to fly it... so far so good. English is my second language and I have a question, which I seem to be confused about: considering that the front of the drone is where the little camera is pointing toward... I would like to clarify the definition of pitch, roll and Yaw.
    As I understand, Pitch is when the front of the drone (where the camera is located) bends forward or backwards. Roll is a lateral tilting of the drone, in which the camera in front remains in the same axis. and Yaw is when the drone spins in its own axis, like a carrousel.... right?

2. Humberto Barchini

Qué tal Cesar... No consideraste aprender a volar con un equipo más chico y menos peligroso? Como un phantom o un hubsan? Por el bien tuyo y de los que puedan estar cerca...

3. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

Yes, all correct!

4. Cesar Fernandez

5. Cesar Fernandez

Si claro Humberto, yo compre un drone mas pequeño que los mismos instructores the Quadrocopter me recomendaron. Lo use por un par de meses antes de volar mi ALTA. De hecho, no tengo mucha dificultad con volar el ALTA drone, solo quería estar seguro que entendía bien la definición de cada movimiento. Yo nunca vuelo el ALTA done hay otras personas, edificios, automóviles, etc. Lo compre exclusivamente para fotografía de naturaleza y vida salvaje, y hasta ahora lo he estado probando en lugares bien abiertos y sin obstáculos. Gracias por tu comentario.

Humberto Barchini likes this.
  6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Cesar:
    Usted también encontrará algunos pilotos se refiere a "Pitch" (cámara FPV arriba / abajo) como "Nick". Esto es debido a la ambigüedad con paso de las palas de la hélice y por lo tanto la palabra alemana, se utiliza "Nick".

¿Sabía usted también consigue una copia de AeroSIMRC - es más barato para estrellar el simulador que la cosa real. Tiene un buen modelo de un Cinestar 8 que se aproxima a la ALTA.
    ===
    You will also find some pilots referring to "Pitch" (FPV camera up/down) as "Nick." This is because of the ambiguity with propeller blade pitch and therefore the German word, "Nick" is used.

Did you also get a copy of AeroSIMRC -- it's cheaper to crash the simulator than the real thing. It has a good model of a Cinestar 8 which approximates to the ALTA.

Andy