/dist/images/branding/favicon

Suggested Configurations

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Adam Orens, Nov 28, 2015.

1. Adam Orens

Adam Orens Member

It would be nice to get together some configurations for the ALTA as a general starting point. These of course would need to be modified for radio mapping and anything else pertinent. Here are my suggestions for configurations needed.

ALTA - No Load
    ALTA - M5 with GH4 and similar weight cameras.
    ALTA - M10 (15) with Heavy Load (Full Capacity)

Thoughts? :D

2. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I fly my ALTA in the above config at its factory default settings.

3. Guilherme Barbosa

Guilherme Barbosa Distributor

Hi to all
    Just been doing lots of test flights with different weights, batteries , with flight times , and all info i can acumulate
    Here some interest findings. HoPe all the BRAZILIAN owners of alta take a very good look at this and take your own conclusions . But please please please think on the safety side always.
    Sao Paulo 1135 meters or 3724 ft as we are a tropical country i sugest minimum of 30C. 70% of all year is 26C.
    That leaves you with recommended 11.6 kg max gross ( there is a reason why it is a table and recommend values)
    Movi m15 2.3 kg
    Each 10 amps of battery rough 1.35 kg ,so if we use recomended 2x 10 amps = 2.7 kg
    Alta 4.5 kg
    4.5 + 2.3 + 2.7 = leaves 2.1kg for camera, lens ,video link , movi and camera battery, and anythingelse . U may want to carry
    Any battery bank with less them 310 amps to give continuos will suffer and run a serious risk of failure.
    All this was calculated in real conditions and all the calculus above was considering Best conditions.
    For safety we consider 4000 and 40C. For the same conditions above.
    We fly Alta with max of Black Magic 4k and zeiss 1.3 High speed.
    For heavier loads we use our X8. Capable of 22kg with same conditions above
    Please someone correct me if im wrong or been too conservative.
    We are in a very delicated moment in our Country. Lets all play the safest way possible.
    So we all can have a professional recognition. And approval to continue our work
    Thank you all for the comprehension.

Alta with 200mwtx , 2 futaba receivers, it weighs 4kg 460grams