/dist/images/branding/favicon

Tattu Battery Group Purchase - Discounted Batteries

Discussion in 'Sale / Trade' started by Michael McVay, Dec 4, 2015.

1. Michael McVay

Michael McVay Active Member

Greetings everyone. I am a fellow Freefly Cinestar / Alta / Movi w/ Movi Controller owner and am also a Tattu battery distributor in the US. I am considering placing a large order or group buy and am wondering if anyone is interested in getting in on some discounted batteries. I can get anything Tattu sells (from small accessory batteries to their new 30,000mAh 6 cell). I am getting pricing details put together shortly and will update this post with pricing for the batteries that people are interested in. To help determine how low I can get the pricing, either reply or shoot me a PM with the type and quantity you might be interested in. The more we buy the better pricing I can arrange. Batteries that are in stock in the US warehouse will ship immediately. I am targeting an order date about 12/15 which hopefully gives people enough time to determine their battery needs and get back to me.

PRICE UPDATE:
    Tattu 6S 10,000mAh 25C $190 ($280 retail - commonly sold around $250)
    Tattu 6S 16,000mAh 15C $250 ($400 retail - currently on a big sale for $300)

PRE ORDER TATTU PLUS:
    Tattu+ 6S 16,000mAh 15C $250 ($400 retail - currently on a big sale for $300)

2. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

Great price. I bought a bunch of 10,000 6S batteries from Michael already and he got them to me lightning fast. I plan on taking advantage of this group offer too. Thanks again Michael, get them while you can everyone.

Michael McVay likes this.
  3. MIke Magee

MIke Magee Active Member

I'll second Dave's testimony.

First, you can't beat Tattu. Their quality and reputation are discussed everywhere. The 10,000's are solid and so far have very low IR. Mike McVay is very dependable, trustworthy and generous to extend that discount to the board family.

Attached is a shipment I received (very fast) a couple weeks ago.

Additionally, you might want to check out some custom cases that Mike has that hod 6 in very tight and safe custom made foam. I LOVE them. They are a perfect size and weight. If any one is interested in taking a look, I'd be happy to post a picture. I probably will tomorrow anyway. I plan to pick up 3 or 4 of these cases to transport these batteries in.

SO, if you have any requirements for Tattus, take a serious look at this opportunity.

-m
    tattus.jpg

Michael McVay and Matt Beardsley like this.
  4. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

mike please post the pics! :)

Michael McVay and MIke Magee like this.
  5. Matt Beardsley

Just placed an order for 6 10000mAh Tattu packs with Michael. He has been really awesome to work with in getting the right batteries and connectors picked out and ordered. And the price is very good. He answered a slew of questions and offered a lot of great advice on getting the best performance out of the packs – ask him how many of them he owns and flies :)

Takes a lot of the anxiety out of Lipo selection and buying to have a knowledgeable & friendly vendor.

Edit 12/7/15: Already shipped and heading this way – thanks Michael!

6. MIke Magee

MIke Magee Active Member

Will do. Won't be at the shop till tomorrow afternoon late EDT, but I'll take s shot.

FWIW, I would NOT have seen the value/utility of this case until I got one and loaded it up.
    -m

Michael McVay likes this.
  7. Michael McVay

Thanks guys - I appreciate all the good feedback.

Matt: I just PM'd your tracking numbers to you.

Mike: If you don't have a chance to post the photo of your case, I can post one for Jason to see. I certainly have enough of them!

Thanks!

8. MIke Magee

MIke Magee Active Member

Michael/Matt
    , I got diverted this evening and didn't get to the studio in Salem to snap a shot of the case. I WILL do it tomorrow by 4:00 edt or you can post one, or better we both can.
    Great batteries, great case. Thanks.

-m

9. Adam Hubalovsky

Adam Hubalovsky New Member

Hi Michael!
    I will be interested in Tattu (or Tattu Plus) 6S 16000mAh. And in 3S 1300mAh 75C for my racer :) How low can you go? :)
    Thank you!

10. Michael McVay

Hi Adam. I'm out in the field at the moment but I'll get some prices posted for those later this evening for you. Can you either post or send me a PM with approx quantity of each and your shipping zip code. Thanks!

11. MIke Magee

MIke Magee Active Member

Here's the case that Michael has for the 10,000's. (Just iPhone pics)

First a general inside detail shot. The 6 cutouts are super firm. the batteries don't move a bit. There is a place for the voltage tester and a couple tools. It looks like a big case but it's not.

IMG_4265.jpg

Here it is from the outside. I put a battery on top and a quarter as a scale. The case is surprisingly small. (My workbench is usually VERY tidy, I was just organizing)

IMG_4266.jpg

AND, finally, with 4 batteries and misc, the case ends up being very manageable weight wise.
    IMG_4267.jpg

12. Michael McVay

Mike: Thanks for the post - I feel like my little battery case got got a pro level review!

When I put the batteries in, I always put them in with the discharge wires like you have them in the lower left battery and run them across the top of the battery to the plug cut out when the battery is fully charged - or to one of the side cut outs when the battery has been discharged. I post a photo later tonight.

MIke Magee likes this.
  13. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Nice looking box, Michael. Them's one big number of electrons wanting to be at the positive electrode.
    I put a laminated label on my batteries printed with C D S -- then use a white board marker to mark with big dot whether the batteries are charges, discharged, or at storage voltage. You can wipe of the marker deliberately without too much problem, but it stays on pretty well with normal handling -- there's usually some trace of the black marker visible unless you specifically wipe it off with a finger tip.

Andy.

14. Adam Hubalovsky

Hi Michael!
    I am interested in 4pcs 6S 16000mah and 2pcs 3S 1300mAh 75C.
    Not much but I am planning on getting more as soon as I will have more money :D
    My ZIP is CZ - 54233 (Czech Republic)

15. Michael McVay

Adam: No problem. Let me get a shipping quote on that for you and also find out if I can have them shipped to you from the warehouse in Germany. I will let you know as soon as I get an answer.

16. Adam Hubalovsky

Michael, thank you! That price is perfect! What about those small 1300mAh 75C 3S (or maybe 45C... 75C is overkill for me)?
    If it will be possible to send from German warehouse I would be very grateful!!
    Thank you.

17. Michael McVay

Adam: it appears as though it is not possible to send from the US to the Czech Republic. With a little paperwork, I can establish my dealer account for the warehouse in Germany. However, the batteries for are interested in are not in stock there. Would you be interested in a different battery or would you prefer to wait for the next shipment of 16,000mAh batteries? Also, shipping to you from the Germany warehouse requires the collection of VAT. Let me know what your thoughts are and how you would like to move forward.

18. Adam Hubalovsky

Michael:
    I am interested in Tattu+ 16,000mAh batteries and they are still only for pre-order. So I have to wait :)
    VAT is not problem for me!
    I think we can make a deal. Send me please email to my address: adam.hubalovsky@outlook.com and I will send you exactly what batteries I want and another information you could want (address...).
    Thank you very much!

19. Michael McVay

Adam: I am going to send you a PM to continue the discussion about shipping, pre-orders, etc (this is how the forum moderators prefer we handle details about individual transactions).

20. Joshua Gladu

Joshua Gladu New Member

I was wondering if the order was already made? If not I'm interested in a few 6S 10000mAh, 4 or 5 depending on shipping costs.
    Thanks!