/dist/images/branding/favicon

Tuning Height and Position Mode

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Joe Kocsis, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Joe Kocsis

Joe Kocsis New Member

Height and Position Mode by default feel extremely slow. About 1/4 the response or less when compared to manual mode. Way too slow.

ei: Height (Altitude adjustments) feel about 1/4 the speed in height mode (compared to manaul),
    and both horizontal and vertical movement is clamped in position mode.

I am using a futaba 14sg, and I started with the setup file found on the forum. My clamps appear to be setup properly and do work. I can watch the slider go from bottom to top on the radio config, and I can feel the effect in response which moves from almost 0, or maybe in fact zero, in speed, to slow when set at max clamp.

All that being said. Would like to confirm that this is in fact what people are experience by default? Is there something else I'm missing here?

I attempted to adjust max climb rate, but it did not appear to have any effect in height mode. This particular setting appears absent in the manual? After reading the manual, it looks like the stiffness is the setting i'm looking for?

I dont have my number in front of me, but my assumption is that i need to increase the stiffness settings? What values are people finding success with.

All over the manual freefly they state that setting these to high or too low may cause the alta to become unstable so I'm proceeding with caution, however I also semi read this as a blanket liability statement.

Anyhow. Would be interested to hear what others have set their settings tune.

Thanks,

Joe

2. Joe Kocsis

Joe Kocsis New Member

Actually I did now find the Maximum Climb Rate setting in the manual, and it seems strange that that would not have any effect when I doubled the value?

One portion of the setting of the app under Tuning, One Portion of the settings on the same page under Parameters..

3. Zac Eskelsen

Zac Eskelsen New Member

I also experience a significant "power loss" in height or position mode.
    I have the climb rates set to maximum, but notice that the speed and agility seems to be quite a bit less.
    I just assumed that these were things we would have to live with, but I'd love to hear others thoughts.

4. Joe Kocsis

Joe Kocsis New Member

After some additional testing.. It is in fact the max climb rate.. Moving from the default of 3 (which is humoriously slow) to the max of 6 did in fact double the speed, but its still slow compared to manual mode, and much slower than I'd like to see full stick go. Also position hold is really slow at its max of 12.

Why are we stuck at these slow limits??

Guys at freefly. Can we get these max rate limitation increased?