/dist/images/branding/favicon

LOS and regain control

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Stefan Helborg, Nov 17, 2015.

1. Stefan Helborg

In my country I have to demonstrate a LOS, where I turn off my Futaba, then ALTA flying home. I will then show that I can turn Futaba on again and regain control with ALTA.

Is there a special procedure to switch back, or will I have control as soon as there is a connection? I have a spring on my throttle stick, so when I turn on my Futaba, I have to put it down to 0% throttle and then up to, for example. 50%. Will it have an impact on the flight and is there a second switch (RTH) that I have to use?

2. Mateusz Hajdziony

Remember that you don't have to put the throttle to 0% for the transmitter to init. When the high throttle alarm sounds, the radio will ask you if you are sure that you want to transmit and you can select 'yes'. At least that's how it works for me. :)

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Good question for support Stefan. But when I was doing Synapse testing early on with turning off the TX the Alta would come home. Turning back on the Alta, as soon as the link was good again I had control. Usually I left the controls centered when I did it and once it stopped moving, or slowed down, took over the flying again. I left all of the switches in whatever position they were at when the loss event occurred.

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

I experienced the same thing as Gary during Synapse testing. I've not had a chance to test it on the current ALTA, though.

Andy.

5. Stefan Helborg

Ok thanks for the fast feedback. I will try and get back.

6. Cam Batten

Cam Batten Member

You should disable the Throttle stick at Zero warning. The first time I tried this I had to flick the throttle stick to zero, then back to middle. Nothing drastic happened, however it's not too reassuring. If you disable the warning, the TX will transmit immediately, resolving the problem

7. Stefan Helborg

Ok thanks. I will try to disable the warning. It can't be that dificult