/dist/images/branding/favicon

Alternatives to Freefly batteries?

Discussion in 'Batteries & Power' started by Dan Coplan, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Dan Coplan

Dan Coplan Member

Apologies if this has already been addressed. I searched but didn't find.

Freefly M10 batteries are $100. They're 4S 2600mAh.

A battery with similar specs on Hobby King is around $22.

Any reason not to go with a 3rd party pack???

I've used a variety of Hobby King batteries for more critical operations like flying drones and they've been great. The only curious thing is that the Freefly batts seems to have a 3/5C discharge rating which is very low. Is this simply because the demands from the Movi are so low that they can get away with an even cheaper battery (at an insane markup) or is there actually some technical reason for this?

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Dan just for clarity the M10 packs are $100 for a pair. Rest of your question is valid.

3. Cédric Bourgoin

Cédric Bourgoin Distributor

Hi Dan,

I'm a reseller of many products. I never wanted to sell LiPos because of the quality problems with it. Another reseller have had an 8000€ bill because of cheap lipo. One of his customer baught him for 4000€ of LiPo. after 3 months, 25% of the Lipos were inflating (bad storage, bad charging, bad usage,... we don't know) The customer wanted to have the warranty on it. Normal. The manufacturer denied it because LiPos are subject to this kind of problem when used in a bad way (and even when you use it right by the way...) The resller have had to pay back his customer from his pocket.

That's why I have never wanted to sell LiPos. When Freefly have manufactured his own, I have decided to give it a try. Freefly is selling his stuff at a high cost but I have NEVER been disapointed with the quality. It's been 3 years that I'm selling freefly LiPos, and I have NEVER had any LiPo return from my customers (maybe because they are the best customer possible :D)
    So yes, Freefly is selling High end product at an important cost but when you buy something from Freefly, you can be sure of the quality.

Best regards,
    Cedric