/dist/images/branding/favicon

V-mount battery to replace Lipo?

Discussion in 'Batteries & Power' started by alain baars, Nov 7, 2015.

1. alain baars

alain baars Member

I would like to get rid of my lipo's, I have a M10 and 4 lip's,b ut only one Lipo is till working, even though I am very precise about the charging of them, I would like to have a VMount solution, to bypass this problem.

I know it must be possible to do this, although I know it won't be easy, there has to be a 'in-between thing' that handles the voltage, to prevent the M10 to blow or to drop dead anytime when the motors work hard and go up in power drainage.

there's a Dutch company willing to do this, but any information on the subject will be helpful.

thnx

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Key would be to have the same voltage (4S - 14.8v) as the supply voltage.

3. alain baars

alain baars Member

do you know if there are people who are powering their M10 by Vmount? Haven't found any actually, I would like to know their experiences.

4. Cédric Bourgoin

Cédric Bourgoin Distributor

Hi Alain,

I have realized for one of my customer a Vmount plate for an M10. I have replaced the MoVi M10 lower plate by one of my creation on my customer request.
    What's appearing about Vlock system:
    - not enought power available to sustain all the system: MoVi + cam + follow focus motors + wireless video transmission
    - too heavy on one side of the Pan axe.

My customer needs were to have more amps available to power everytging as long as possible. I have then created a two lipo case ,still on the pan axis. one lipo on each part balance everything.
    I have also a small box that include two femalle XT60 connectors, one XT 60 male connector and two lipo saver.
    You plug the two lipos on the femalle connectors and you have one power output to power evrything you need one the male XT60.
    yuo plug the two balance plug on the lipo savers and then you have a low voltage warning .

This product is still under devellopement but it will be soon available in my webshop ;)