/dist/images/branding/favicon

Futaba 14 - ALTA profile

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Rory Hinds, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Rory Hinds

Rory Hinds Member

anyone know where I can download the Futaba 14 profile file for the ALTA?

2. David Schmidt

David Schmidt New Member

Rory,

Page 39 of the manual along with the app and you should be all set.

David

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

It's attached.

NOTE: To fool the forum software into allowing me to upload it, I had to add .txt to the file name. Please rename the file by removing the .txt -- it should just be "ALTA 14SG".

Andy.

Attached Files:

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Rory make sure you download all of the latest firmware, sound and installation software from Futaba. The Futaba uses a program called FFS to move the config file to the SD card and then on the radio you move the file from the SD card to the radio. It is a PITA process.

5. georgemcnabb

georgemcnabb Member

A quick question, what use is the ALTA model file above? Because we assign the channels through the ALTA APP??

On another note, having trouble getting the telemetry to work & voice alerts for voltage, does anyone have instructions to set this up?

Thanks!

6. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

George the file is to setup a model type in the Futaba. Sets up to a standard switch layout.

If did a post awhile ago on doing the telemetry. Look in the ALTA section under my user name. While not a quick answer the Futaba manual can get you started on the alerts. It's just not intuitive and will need trial and error to get it just right.

7. georgemcnabb

georgemcnabb Member

Thanks so much Gary!! Got it, voice alerts working now. Feeling like topgun now ;)

8. georgemcnabb

georgemcnabb Member

Using the ALTA profile was a big help

9. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

George to get to the advanced Futaba badge there is a test. You need to configure the timers. Top one as a countdown and the bottom as a count up. Countdown set to your choice of minutes. Alert with tone and vibration when the countdown gets to zero. Both timers starting, stopping and resetting using the throttle stick.

Should you accept this mission and are discovered I will disavow your participation in the program....

:cool:

10. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Oh. I think I flunked.... ;)
    Andy.

11. georgemcnabb

georgemcnabb Member

haha @gary!!! I used to set that up on my single rotor helis back in the day. Feeling like I have enough warnings of voltage and time now!!!

12. Daniel Delaunay

Hi Andy,

I loaded your 14SG file and saw you have settings for tilt, pan and rec on channels 6 to 8.
    I presume it is for single operator but how do you use that?
    Can you give us some more information on what other tricks that 14SG file may hold? ;)

13. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Hi Daniel:
    I'm afraid that's just the standard Freefly 14SG configuration file so I've never completely analyzed what it does.
    I'd send an email to support@freeflysystems.com and see if they will "open their kimono." :)

Andy

14. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Just to follow up, page 41 of the Rev. C ALTA manual shows the channel mapping -- I'm not quite sure how you reached the conclusions of the mapping of channels 6, 7, 8 (which are normally mapped to Home Switch, Climb Rate Clamp, and Velocity Clamp).

The other issue is that, with the MōVI, there will be no wires from the ALTA to the MōVI so I'm not quite sure how one would control the payload camera on the MōVI.

You've obviously got access to some information I don't! :)

Andy

15. Daniel Delaunay

oh, ok Andy! Thanks
    So, that 14SG file came from Freefly?
    I´m playing arround with the radio while I wait for the Alta that (hopefully) should arrive this Tuesday.
    Funny how someone rename those channels on that file. Maybe they were testing a second receiver on Movi binded to the same radio for single operator and left it as it was.
    I already took a quick look on Alta´s manual but tomorrow I will print it for reference and read it trough carefully.
    But I guess I will have to wait to have the Alta in hands with the app working to figure out the hole Picture.
    Can´t wait! :)

16. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

My guess is that they didn't build the Model file from scratch but adapted an existing one -- and that's why the names are still there.

Andy.