/dist/images/branding/favicon

Turn off Roll Axis on Mimic

Discussion in 'MIMIC' started by Graham Futerfas, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Graham Futerfas

Graham Futerfas Well-Known Member

Is it possible to disable the Roll axis on the Mimic controller? Maybe some setting I can change in the App that will just allow the Mimic to Pan and Tilt? Sometimes I'd rather the camera just stay level instead of follow the level of the Mimic.

I tried changing the 'Map Remote Roll Trim' to a different value, but it still rolls with the Mimic.

Thanks for your help,
    -Graham

2. Graham Futerfas

OK, after reading the manual more carefully, I found the setting that disables it. Under Mimic Mode, you can select Direct, Level Roll or Majectic. I couldn't find Level Roll because I was pushing the Course buttons instead of the Fine buttons, and you can only get to Level Roll by pushing Fine.

3. Graham Futerfas

Hi Johannes, have you updated both the Movi firmware and the Freefly App software to the Beta versions? If you have, please excuse this next part, but I found it a little confusing when I was trying to set up the Mimic and install this software.

The App won't display 'Mimic Mode' at the bottom of the 'Remote Operator Config' list unless you're on the Beta version of it, and you have to download that from Freefly's website, not from the Android Play Store.

I'm an iPhone guy myself, so I struggled for an afternoon trying to figure out the Android tablet. I did find I needed two other (free) apps to get everything updated: ES File Explorer (to get to the Downloads and move them around to the Freefly folder on the Android tablet) and WinZip to unzip the software.

You have to point your tablet's Chrome browser to http://freeflysystems.com/software-manuals, and all the way at the bottom you'll find the Beta firmware and App software. The firmware goes on the Movi and you get the new app to run instead of the standard one you get from the Play Store. (Movi App Android v1.63 - Beta)

---Once you get into Mimic Mode, use the FINE + and -, not the COURSE ones, or it skips the Roll options.

Best,
    -Graham

4. Johannes Thor

Johannes Thor Distributor

Hi Graham,

thanks for your reply, the moment I wrote the post I realized that it was the wrong app version.
    Now I got 1.63 and testing it. I only have one sort of +/- buttons by the way.

Did you figure out how to get the tilt less responsive ?

Regards
    Johannes

5. Graham Futerfas

I haven't seen a way to change the Tilt window of the Mimic, but that doesn't mean it's not in there. I know some people who mount their mimics onto small tripod heads, and that may ease up the tilting.

You don't see Course and Fine +/- adjustment in your App under Mimic mode? Weird. Having both throws me off sometimes.

6. Johannes Thor

No, I have no course / fine adjustements. Maybe it is because I am using an S4 android phone instead of a tablet.

7. Johannes Thor

Well, it is working now at least !
    Thanks for helping..
    Johannes

8. Johannes Thor

Ok, that was a bit too early.. pan does not work anymore. I restored my settings and it worked. Iwrote them to internal memory.
    After power cycle pan will not work anymore, I can only control tilt an pan moves erratic sometimes.
    :-(

9. Johannes Thor

Ok, problem solved.. Mimic was moved while switching on. My mistake..