/dist/images/branding/favicon

Alta Solo Operator Movi control

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Charles Valantin, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Charles Valantin

Charles Valantin New Member

Hi, Can i control the Alta and my MOVI as solo operator?
    Thank you

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Charles when you say solo operator do you mean with a single TX? If so then with enough channels on somethings like a Graupner MC-32 the answer is yes. Also depends on what you mean by operate. If you are expecting a single person to fly, fully operate the gimbal like a second operator and stay safe that might lead to sensory overload for the operator.

3. Charles Valantin

Charles Valantin New Member

Yes i mean with a single TX but do I have a other choice? I saw a video with the MOVI controller and the Mimic but i didn't get it...
    I'm mostly interested by the tilt axis as solo Operator.
    Thank you for your time

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

If just tilt then a 3 position switch for controlling mode, a rotary for tilt and a second RX to put on the MoVI. But with a setup like the Futaba if you want RX redundancy on the Alta (dual RX) then it won't work because the Futaba doesn't support three RX. Not sure of any single TX's that support more than 2. Maybe Graupner, just not sure.

5. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

The simplest scheme, as Gary says, is to have two Rx one on the ALTA with channels 1-9 in use and one on the MōVI using Channels 10-12 (or whatever). Both Rx are bound to the same Tx. You can then map the 10-12 to functions on the MōVI. (See page 04-P24 of the MōVI Manual).

You might want to look at the Futaba 18SZ or MZ with 16 channels (prepare for sticker shock on the price). Also, you'd need to verify that the MōVI channels can be set up to numbers above 9.

Hmmm. Just realized a question I don't remember the answer to: The MōVI manual only makes reference to SBUS...so there might be an issue with S.Bus2 (to write it the way that Futaba does).

Andy