/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi M5 - few questions

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Adam Hubalovsky, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Adam Hubalovsky

Adam Hubalovsky New Member

Hi guys!
    I am thinking of buying Movi M5!
    I have few questions:
    1) How long it takes from unpacking to shooting on the set? Are necessary any adjustments?
    -> When I have gimbal balanced from home. Can I just pick it up and turn it on?
    2) Is always necessary to take Movi Stand on the set? Can I just turn Movi off and lay it on the ground?
    3) Focus? I wanna use GH4. How are you focusing? I will probably have an operator with mimic but I am not gonna invest in follow focus in the beginning so I am looking for way how to easily focus with GH4 on Movi.

Thank you for your answers!

2. David Cooper

David Cooper Member

If you are using the oversized Jason Case (it's huge) you can store the Movi with the camera in place and it's ready to go. Top handle is attached just stored on it's side. If it's stored in a smaller travel case then the camera has to come off and you would need to mark the base plate with tape to remember exactly where you set the camera or spend time to balance the forward aft position. You need a stand. Whether it's the one that came with it or the C-stand one. Especially if you are going to change a lens you with need to calibrate the camera again. You can never just lay it down. Not recommended. I use lots of depth of field so focus is not a problem for the A7S since it has high iso performance. I am looking into newer auto focus lenses for extreme close ups in the future. You should also buy a super thin HDMI cable. Hope that helps.

3. Adam Hubalovsky

That helped a lot! I am probably going to use Pelican Case that comes together with Movi M5 + Mimic so I don't know how huge it is...
    Ok so changing lenses = rebalancing. Taking camera off and then on = rebalancing...
    That is not so good :(
    Why is not recommended laying it on the ground? When it is turned off? Scratches? Or anything else?

Thank you!

4. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Adam

Dirt, dust, someone trips over it? Would you set your GH4 directly on the ground? Or a RED? Use the stand. :)

5. Adam Hubalovsky

Yes that is true!
    I thought about laying in lets say on the table and so on...

6. Jody Werkle

Jody Werkle New Member

Hey David,

Thanks for the mention above! We appreciate it.