/dist/images/branding/favicon

ISSUE: Switching Between Movi Controller and Thumb Joystick

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Richie Trimble, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Richie Trimble

Richie Trimble New Member

Everything was working just fine with the (aerialpixels) thumb joystick until i decided to switch to the Movi Controller. Which was also fine, but i can no longer get the thumb joystick to function. I'm rebooted, reset, made sure the parameters in the APP are on Handheld and SBUS too with no results. Switching to Movi Controller instantly bring it to life, but SBUS kills it again. It stays in the mode of just maintaining forward. No majestic tilt functionality either. Any ideas?

Thanks!

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

If you temporarily disconnect the Thumb Joystick does the MōVI Controller function correctly, Richie?

Andy.

3. Richie Trimble

The joystick on the movi works perfectly. Its the thumb joystick that will not work anymore. Ive tried rebooting with thumb joystick unplugged the plugging it back in (while off) and nada. Also through the app im making sure its set to sbus and not movi. Thanks for taking the time to respond, andy!

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Understood. I was just trying to confirm that with the Thumb Joystick plugged in, it seems to drag down the S.bus, right? But the MōVI Controller, from what you say, works fine, when it Thumb Joystick is not plugged in...

What's your gut feeling -- is it the Aerialpixels Thumb Joystick that's causing the problem?

Sorry to sound so ignorant, but (as you can probably anticipate) I don't have an Aerialpixels thumb joystick with which to experiment.

Andy.

5. Richie Trimble

Im not sure what you mean by dragging down the sbus - is that somethin i can check?

I dont really think its the aerialpixels joystick simply because it started only after trying to set up the movi with a redrock follow focus.... My gut says theres some clash of settings where its ignoring the sbus input but not sure where else to check that. Like a graph to see input data on the sbus or something... But it totally coukd be the joystick lol - its brand new however

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

The S.bus is a pair of signal wires that is used to send digital signals to one or more devices (hence "bus"). The problem sometimes comes that when you plug in a "rogue" device it interferes with the digital signals so that nothing connected to the bus can make sense of the signals. That's knowing in polite company as "dragging down the bus."

So if you find that all is well unless or until you plug the Thumb Joystick ("TJ"), then that suggests that it might be the TJ dragging down the bus. :)

Hope that helps --- at least in terms of understanding the gibberish I was writing -- which may be very different from what the real problem is! :rolleyes:

Andy.

7. Richie Trimble

Turns out, both cables from the TX to the Movi Controller must be unplugged for the AerialPixels joystick to work - not just the sbus cable.

I had contacted Freefly, but frankly the representative would not help because it wasn't a freefly product. Wasn't pleased with them not wanting to tell me anything.

Thanks for your help Andy!

8. Fabio Taddei

Fabio Taddei New Member

Hello Richie,
    i should receive Thumb Joystick today, and i'll try to replicate your problem.
    Fabio

9. Fabio Taddei

Fabio Taddei New Member

I didn't have any issue with cables connected. I just had to switch to Sbus in the FreeFly Configurator, tried the joystick, then switched back to FreeFly Controller and everything was working. Tried again joystick...no issues still.

:)