/dist/images/branding/favicon

adjusting the pan balance

Discussion in 'MōVI M15' started by Charles Lim, Oct 7, 2015.

1. Charles Lim

Charles Lim Member

M15 rigged with RED dragon. when i adjust my pan balance, i seem to need a pair of extra hands to make the process possible.
    Does anyone have a solo method to do this?

2. Stefan Helborg

Are you using a stand?

3. Charles Lim

Charles Lim Member

Yes i am using a stand . U can do it solo with a red?who love to learn from u! U got a video?

4. Chris Herr

Chris Herr Member

I take the weight of the camera with my left hand, then use my right hand to press my palm against the end of the two pan tubes using my fingers to pull the gimbal towards me. It's much easier to do precise adjustments by pulling. The key is taking the weight off, otherwise you'll just dig into the coating on the carbon fiber and put off that white dust.

5. Charles Lim

Charles Lim Member

Thats what i am doing with my red , but with all the gear rigged on it. Still takes alot of effort to move the pan balance. I need to both hands. Can u upload a video of yerslef doig this. Cause maybe my method is not good.

6. Wolf Schiebel

Wolf Schiebel Active Member

I set everything up and balance roll and tilt. Then i unlock the toad and set the Mōvi on a table or the pelicase, that the weight is completely off the pan axis. Now it is easy to move the pan knuckle, grab the toad adapter, lift the rig, , check the balance, and repeat that steps until its fine...

Best,

Wolf