/dist/images/branding/favicon

GH4 + speedbooster + CP2/CINEPRIME

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Guillaume MARION, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Guillaume MARION

Hi All,

AS I'm ordering M5 I would know if anyone experiment the GH4 with metabones and cine lens as Zeiss CP2.

How it works? Balance? In flight?

thanks for sharing experience!

2. SCOTT HESS

SCOTT HESS New Member

3. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

My Metabones EF has its own mounting point, which should reduce the stress on the camera's mount. Basically the speedbooster itself becomes the "stressed member", supporting the lens on one side and the camera on the other.
    But I've never tried a big lens on the speedbooster. The geometry of the MōVI's mounting plate could be an issue.

4. SCOTT HESS

SCOTT HESS New Member

Thanks, Steve. Knowing how picky the gimbals can be I've been wondering if the MFT mount is just not tight enough without some lens support as you go heavier. I've only used the Olympus 12mm on my GH4 but would like the option of something a little longer, and heavier. I wouldn't be buying any PL lenses (renting) but the locking system attracts me.

5. Austin Glass

Austin Glass Active Member

I just wrapped on a short that was shooting on the GH4 with a Metabones and an assortment of Nikon stills primes. I was using my M15, so it was plenty big enough, so forgive me if some of my observations don't carry over.

First, I managed to use both the mounting hole on the Metabones, and the one on the camera. I had to source a longer countersunk screw, and use some washers as spacers, but it was important to me to have two points of contact.

The primary issue I ran into with building the camera was the space between the lenses and the rod mount adapter. There was not a ton of room for mounting my Axis1 motor. I made it work, but I had to make a few compromises.

Overall I think the camera would work much better if it had a cage on it to help with rod spacing and accessories mounting. But I'm sure that could be said of most small cameras. This is not a camera type that I have a ton of experience balancing.