/dist/images/branding/favicon

Mimic first steps....

Discussion in 'MIMIC' started by James Milner-Smyth, May 22, 2015.

1. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

That is strange, Leopoldo. When the transmitter and receiver are bound, they should stay bound. The binding process should cause the transmitter/receiver IDs to be written to flash memory inside both devices. There is no concept of partially bound.

However, if one of the devices fails to write the device ID of the other to flash memory, then that information will not be preserved across a power cycling of the device....

Could you try the binding again and see if the same thing happens, please?

If it does, you might want to open up a support ticket with Freefly: email to support@freeflysystems.com.

Andy.

2. Leopoldo Tamargo

But when I followed the instructions with the Mimic, it didn't work.

I did it this way and it ultimately works but then releases it bind.

Since I am not following the written instructions because they didn't work, are both the TRx and REx truly bound or maybe just one?

3. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

For the transmitter to able to communicate with the receiver, they have to be bound -- even if only temporarily. If they are not bound, the receiver will not respond to signals from the transmitter.

Andy.

4. Leopoldo Tamargo

There mightt be a firmware or instruction discrepancy.
    These are the changes that seemed to work for me and might help someone else.

BINDING MIMIC

The MIMIC comes pre-bound to the Freefly Receiver included in the MIMIC Beta package. If you would like to bind to a different receiver, complete the following steps.

1. Ensure both the MIMIC Transmitter and Freefly Receiver are set to the same channel. The channel is set by a small dial located on the transmitter and receiver.

2. Ensure the Freefly Receiver is installed on the MōVI properly.

3. Power on both the MIMIC and the MōVI.

4. Ensure both the MIMIC Transmitter and Freefly Receiver’s status LED are illuminated, indicating both have power.

5. Press and hold the Bind button on the Freefly Receiver until the Receiver status LED starts quickly flashing orange. (Turns Orange and release. After release, wait until it first blinks fast orange and when it starts to blink slow orange, proceed)

6. Wait for the Receiver’s status LED to slowly flash orange. This indicates it found a transmitter.

7. Press and hold the Bind button on the MIMIC Transmitter until the status LED turns orange. (Press and hold bind button on Transmitter, wait until it turns Orange, wait a moment and then release. tI should eventually start to blink green on the transmitter and the receiver will be solid green)(Be aware the movi may suddenly try to position itself as the Mimic is positioned.)

8. Once successful, the lights on both the MIMIC Transmitter and Freefly Receiver will turn green. (Blinking Green on the transmitter and solid green on the receiver)

5. Leopoldo Tamargo

I found that if I didn't release the bind button, the led would turn solid Orange but never blink until it was released.

6. Andy Johnson-Laird

Staff Member

Very strange. Unfortunately I'm away from my shop so I cannot experiment further until later this coming week.
    Andy.

7. Wolf Schiebel

Wolf Schiebel Active Member

Hi all,

i found a solution for my first start problem with the Mimic, which just did'nt do anything. Tx and Rx were bound properly and the led patterns according to the manual, but no function. I scrolled a bit through the menues and found the Auxport function in the expert menue. It is set to shutter as factory preset, at least mine was. I changed it to UART and the problem was solved. The Mimic really saves my current production and the Dop loves it.

Best,

Wolf