/dist/images/branding/favicon

Explanation on why M10 can't be inverted on Alta

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Jeff Camden, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Jeff Camden

Jeff Camden New Member

Hi,
    Just wondering if anyone can shed some tech light on why the M10 can't be inverted on the Alta? Is there a work around, updates or possibility that this will ever change?
    Thanks for any info.
    Cheers

2. Augusto Alves da Silva

Augusto Alves da Silva Active Member

Hi Jeff:

This is my question too. I use the M10 on the Tero so I don´t know why it wouldn´t work on the Alta. I noticed that with small cameras the Movi is not at Zenmuse level in aerial shots due to drift and banking on faster movements. With heavier ones it is the only choice but unfortunately I have to agree that DJI has much better aerial stabilisation than Freefly. Don´t get me wrong I love Freefly Movi but from my personal experience these are the results. This brings me to the second question being now with Vlog to improve latitude on GH4 the shots we did with it and intercut with Alexa flawlessly will it be worth to keep on flying heavy cameras...With the Alta and a small camera we should be able to fly almost half hour :)

3. Chris Jordan

Chris Jordan Member

Well guys, the pan tube isn't keyed, (like the M5, and the M15 is 2 tubes, so no rotation) SO... It will fall over with a good jerk and smack into the blades, essentially grenanding all your hard earned money to the ground.

4. Chris Jordan

Chris Jordan Member

I want to see your tero footage! No one has it up...

5. Jeff Camden

Jeff Camden New Member

Thanks for all the info everyone, I guess the real question is, "Will there be an upgrade kit for the M10"? Seems reasonable to think one can be developed easily, cheaply and distributed much the same as the full cage kit. Freely can you build one for us M10 users please?

6. Augusto Alves da Silva

Augusto Alves da Silva Active Member

You can see some of the Tero images on our website www.polycordfilmworks.com under media tab. About the M10 there should be at least the upgrade kit so we could turn he M10 on a usable Alta gimbal. Not only underslung mode but also inverted mode. The M5 does it why not the M10. Even paying we could have at least the choice...