/dist/images/branding/favicon

Alta Delayed Delivery

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Jono OConnell, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Jono OConnell

Jono OConnell New Member

Morning all. i am new here. does anybody know why the Alta is so heavily delayed? i am not getting straight answers and i paid my full deposit prior to 3rd August. i have two units on order and i am now more than a week after my scheduled delivery date with no answer as to when it will be delivered. what alarms me is that the second unit was ordered two weeks ago and it seems the lead time is still 4-5 weeks?. thanks for your time. jono

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Jono, only Freefly can give you shipping date information. Send an email to support@freeflysystems.com if you order d directly with them. Or contact your dealer if you ordered through a dealer.

3. Jono OConnell

Jono OConnell New Member

Hi Gary. thanks for the reply. that was done ages ago. i deal with Denise Fitzgerald on a daily basis. my delivery date has come and gone some time ago. the problem is i am not getting a straight answer. i am not told how far down the queue i still am. every day that goes by i get the same "automated" i will let you know when i know response... i have been given 3 different delivery dates and each time the shipment is due, it just doesn't occur.

4. Jono OConnell

Jono OConnell New Member

i think the main question is, does anyone know if there is an issue with the Alta? why would the production schedule be so far behind?

5. Steve Maller

Steve Maller UAV Grief Counselor

I can't offer you an answer, but I can tell you about my experience. There have been a few updates to the ALTA since I picked up the very first one. None has been a big deal (all have been things I could do myself such as replacing some screws with other screws). But I suspect each of these has impacted the production schedule. Freefly are a small company and are absolute perfectionists. So I guess what I'm saying is, like any other brand new bit of technology, you have to expect delays. But be thankful they take the time to get it right, despite the obvious inconvenience.

And I'd like to reiterate that the "issues" they've addressed in my case (and other early recipients) have all been very small ones and none of the potential symptoms that they've addressed were even things I noticed in my use of the ALTA so far. It feels extremely solid. And the updates are just making it more so.

6. Jono OConnell

Jono OConnell New Member

Hi Steve. an Honour! i know all about you. thanks for the reply. i have just received a mail from Denise stating that she is certain my first (of 3) will be shipped this week :) i know Freefly are pretty small, i know everything is hand built and done so with great care. the problem i have is the cloak and dagger manner. i have spent 100k USD in the last few months with Freefly. i want them to succeed. Freefly have changed the cinematic world like no other in the last 50 years in my opinion. what i would have appreciated would be a call with a straight answer, explaining the delays in english. then i would be fine. but the standard: " we will to back to you" response made me angry. anyway happy camper soon :)

7. Jono OConnell

Jono OConnell New Member

My Alta has just been shipped! got the fedex number from Denise :)

Dave King likes this.
  8. Roger Fosaas

Roger Fosaas New Member

same problem here too!
    waiting and waiting, and get only unclear answers to delivery:(