/dist/images/branding/favicon

M5 stiffness settings

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by Adam Kirby, Sep 4, 2015.

1. Adam Kirby

Adam Kirby New Member

Hi,

My MoVi M5 dropped out of the Toad in the Hole release and crashed to the floor from a bout 3 feet. Possible user error, but it's never happened before and I'm always very careful to make sure it's 'locked in' tight.

Anyway, I've gone around and checked the MoVi and replaced a broken lever, as well as tightened all bolts and it all seems to be in working order.

The the problem I'm finding though is that I can't get my stiffness settings anywhere near as high as I could before. Running with the 1DC I used to get around 150 on the pan and 30 on the tilt. Now I can't get above 60 on the pan and 10 on the tilt.

Any ideas of tests/checks I can run to get back to my old stiffness settings? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Adam

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

3. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Can you check your gyro filter and output filter settings? Maybe the unit did reset itself and the default values are 5 for these settings. Bring them to 3 and see if this is the issue.

4. Adam Kirby

Adam Kirby New Member

I have. No reply as yet!

5. Adam Kirby

Adam Kirby New Member

Hi Ozkan,

Thanks for you suggestion.

I checked the Expert settings and my Gyro and Output filters were already at 3.

I knocked them up to 5 and that allowed me to get stiffness up to 125, 65, and 25, which is much more respectable, but still not back to where the settings used to be.

Cheers

Adam

6. Nicolas T

Nicolas T Member

I had the toad in the hole come off once unexpectedly. I suspect the problem was a cable had wrapped itself around the toad, causing it to release both the lever and the buttons that you press to disengage it. I can't help with your stiffness setting but make sure when you use the toad, the lever is engaged, and no cables are going to get caught in it, or wrap around it.