/dist/images/branding/favicon

M5 with Follow focus

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by jose Miño, Oct 29, 2014.

1. jose Miño

jose Miño New Member

Hello, I wonder if I can mount the rod mount adapter and follow focus with my movi M5. Or rod mount adapter is only for the M10?? thanks for your help.

2. Jonathan Ross

Jonathan Ross Member

Hi Jose,

We use the rod mount adapter on our Movi M5 no problem with the RR microremote. We also attach the base station to the rail with this rail clamp http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...rsraclpv2_quick_release_single_railblock.html. It does not need to slip over the rail so you can attach it to anywhere on your Movi cage, add an extension arm and you can place the weight anywhere to help your balance. Best of luck.

Jonathan

Patrick Fenner likes this.
  3. Patrick Fenner

Patrick Fenner New Member

Jonathan this was very helpful, I've been trying to figure this out! Do you happen to have a photo of how you got this to work. I'm still having a little trouble. Thank you for your time.

Pat

Jonathan Ross likes this.
  4. Jonathan Ross

Jonathan Ross Member

Yea give me a day to get to it but I should be able to get you a photo later today, hang tight.

5. Patrick Fenner

Thank you! No rush

6. Jonathan Ross

Jonathan Ross Member

Hi patrick,

Here are some photos to show the small articulating arm with rail clamp attached to our RedRock Microremote distribution station. This allows us to balance out our Movi quickly when we change lenses we just slide the arm left or right up or down to help give us another set of weights to achieve balance quicky. Looking at it makes it tough so I have added as many photos as possible. Sits right behind the cameras screen. PM me if you need more help.

J

Attached Files:

7. Patrick Fenner

Jonathan,
    Thank you so much for taking the time. I can't tell you enough. I'm sure you have better things to do with your spare time and I appreciate it. This looks great and is super helpful. Have a great evening!!

Pat

8. Jonathan Ross

Jonathan Ross Member

No worries Pat,

Sorry for the delay we were hit with a big storm here in Seattle and lost power for three days. Best of luck sir.

J