/dist/images/branding/favicon

Wedge connection problem

Discussion in 'WEDGE' started by Alexander Ryden, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Alexander Ryden

Alexander Ryden New Member

I have had everyhing working with the wedge connected. Then suddenly MöVi controller and wedge seems to loses connection. Freefly FIZ wedge not connected.
    Wedge transmitter connects and gets solid green for a few seconds. Then starts flashing green, and then gets solid green again for a few seconds then starts flashing, and so on. And this the same no matter if its 1 or 5 meters between wedge and mövi controller.

I have tryed rebooting, turned off every other thing thats transmitting from the MöVi. So that its just the wedge transmitting to the controller. I have tryed rebinding with the controller.

2. Derek Cooper

Derek Cooper Active Member

Re-bind the Movi Controller to the WEDGE. If you are indoors and keep struggling, it sounds funny, but go outside. Put the Movi Controller at least 3 meters from the WEDGE.

On the WEDGE, push the bind button till the light starts flashing red - immediately push the BIND on the Movi Controller - don't wait for the fast red to go slow on the WEDGE. For whatever reason, the bind process on the WEDGE is different than binding to the Movi itself where you wait for the slow red flash.

It'll bind.

If you move too far away from the WEDGE, you will lose connection. See this post for more info:

http://goo.gl/5ZfJPK

3. Alexander Ryden

Alexander Ryden New Member

The problem seems to be caused by the Wifi adapter on FS7. Some kind of transmitting interfering with wedge and mövi controller. This problem got solved by removing the USB Wifi adapter on FS7.
    We used the wifi adapter on fs7 to get rec trigger and iris.

Has someone else had this issue?

4. Derek Cooper

Derek Cooper Active Member

Wild - I guess it's possible? What is the wavelength of the Wi-Fi adapter? We don't use it on our FS7.

The WEDGE is supposed to do iris and start / stop through the LANC control, but start / stop still isn't working. Iris does work. Contact FF and let them know you are also waiting on the FS7 start / stop LANC from the WEDGE to get fixed. There are a few of us waiting.