/dist/images/branding/favicon

Spektrum Users; Need help mapping velocity and arm enable channels

Discussion in 'ALTA' started by Sean Haverstock, Sep 2, 2015.

1. Sean Haverstock

Hey everyone,
    I'm looking for help mapping the velocity clamp and arm enable channels. All other channels mapped and working. DX9 port assignments are all equal. Throttle to throttle; aux 1 to aux 1 etc. Channel assignments are (flight mode) Gear - B; (RTH switch) Aux1 - G; (Climb Rate) Aux 2 - RKnb; (Velocity Clamp) Aux 3 - RLv; (Arm Enable) Aux 4 - D

As I toggle thru the remaining channels (8-12) for velocity and arm enable in the ALTA app I'm unable to get a response with the three position switch D or the right rear slider (RLv) or any of the switches or sliders. Any ideas? Thanks!

IMG_5463.JPG

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Hmm. Might require an email to FF, Sean. I don't have a DX9 with which to experiment, I'm afraid.

Andy.

3. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Did you make the configuration changes in the ALTA app and then wait 3 seconds after the change? Was the Configuration Jumper removed when you made the changes? Page 35 in the manual.

4. Sean Haverstock

Yes to both. I swapped the channel inputs and mapped RLv to climb rate and RKnb to Velocity. Climb rate still works with a different input (RLv) but can't get velocity to respond. Not sure why I can't get the last 2 channels mapped.

5. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Which receiver are you using?

6. Sean Haverstock

2 x DSMX satellites. Used an AR7010 to bind them one at a time. Could that be why I'm short 2 channels?
    When ALTA is powered both sats are solid orange.
    I'm assuming that there isn't actually a receiver installed just satellites after they've been bound?

7. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

That might be the issue. AR7010 is a 7 channel receiver. And once you get them bound you don't need the RX. It's been awhile since I worked with Spektrum. Maybe someone else can chime in that uses them more often. An aside the AR9020 is a 9 channel RX.

8. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

Sounds like you run out of channels like gary said

9. Sean Haverstock

Yep. I just got an extra channel after binding with an AR8000. While I know the radio would need all 9 channels, I didn't think that the satellite would be limited to the 7 channels of the receiver since I'm not actually using it. Thanks guys!