/dist/images/branding/favicon

Movi panned to right when balanced

Discussion in 'MōVI M5' started by david dominguez, Jul 29, 2015.

1. david dominguez

david dominguez New Member

hey guys,
    I was wondering if you could help me out with a small issue i'm having with the m5. When i start the movi up it balances perfectly except the lens doesn't point straight. It is slightly panned to the right. Can anyone shine some insight on how to fix? Thanks!

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

If you have the Toad in the Hole then you haven't put the handlebars on correctly. One it points and stops look at the Hole, the side towards the front is the 'front' of the pan motor. Mark it with something like a silver pen, turn it off, loosen the clamp and square up the handles.

That is the most common issue. You also could have an offset in the GUI but that is less likely.

3. Josh Kahane

Josh Kahane New Member

I've got this problem as well. Whenever I turn it on, the gimbal always turns just slightly to the right of where ever the Toad in the Hole is facing.

Any more tips on how to mount the Toad in the Hole? Is it normal that the male part on the handle bars is slight squiffy? Cant see any other way the screw holes align.

4. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Is the Toad square to the handle bars? If it is check the trim setting if you are using a radio remote or MoVI controller. And if I remember correctly there is also a pan offset value that can be set. Not sure exactly what is called in the GUI.

5. Josh Kahane

Josh Kahane New Member

Thanks Garry for your response. The Toad in the Hole part on the gimbal (part with the latch) is square and when I connect it to the handles bar, I make sure it is square. However, the male adaptor part on the handbars itselfs is a slant. But I dont see any other way the it would screw on.

6. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

How about sending some photos and/or videos of what is happening? Have you checked all of the setting in the GUI?