/dist/images/branding/favicon

Preset for Futaba T8 and T14 remotes?

Discussion in 'MōVI M10' started by Robert Marks, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Robert Marks

Robert Marks Member

Hello,

Is there a preset downloadable for Futaba T8 and T14 remotes?

Thanks

2. Gary Haynes

Gary Haynes Administrator
    Staff Member

Robert there are not presets that I am aware of. I had to manually configure my 8FG.

3. Robert Marks

Robert Marks Member

Thanks,

Shouldn´t be hard to do. I will upload one when I am done.

Greetings

4. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Robert: If it helps any, here's an article that I wrote on how to configure the 8FG for a flight controller -- I realize that's not what you're trying to do, but it contains some examples that might be helpful for programming up the 8FG: http://rathergoodguides.com/documentguides.html

It's the third document on the page.

Andy.

5. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

I made up a simple spreadsheet so that I could keep track of the control, mapping to the Futaba and resulting map to the MōVI. Attached. May give you a guide to tracking. Mine is setup for a copter and MøVI, 8FG.

Attached Files:

6. Semiond mathieu

Semiond mathieu New Member

Hi gary,

I don't have any knowedge about rx and i want to add the 14sg friend to control my movi (i have the receiver and the cable), can you please explain the steps ?

Thanks a lot

7. Gary Haynes

Staff Member

Semiond unfortunately there isn't a short cut to learning about the Futaba systems and how they do channel mapping. When I posted that spreadsheet I was still flying the copter with MK electronics using the 14SG and dual RX's. If you just want to control a MoVI with a 14SG then you can use the MoVI manuals (look at the radio section) for mapping channels on the MoVI and then need to read/understand the Futaba manual to do the same thing. Futaba labels all of their switches with letters (like SA or SB) which then get assigned to the appropriate channel on the radio. And that channel needs to map in the MoVI to the MoVI control function that you want to control.

I just setup my Alta and since we don't setup Futabas every day it took several hours for me to re-learn what I needed to do. With I had a short cut for you...