/dist/images/branding/favicon

New Vibration Isolator design

Discussion in 'Sale / Trade' started by Dale McCready, Aug 21, 2015.

1. Dale McCready

Dale McCready Member

Hi all,

I've been working on a new Isolator design. Here are a couple of pics with a gimbal attached. If anyone's interested in this please message me via mail@dalemccready.com

I'll post this model to my site www.dalesgear.com once I've gauged the interest. This isolator and my others are designed primarily for vehicle and other hard mount applications. The Quad model is compact and there's also a mini Quad, while this new one the Star is more stable and larger to allow better isolation

. Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 18.25.52.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-21 at 18.25.58.png

2. Ozkan Erden

Ozkan Erden Distributor

Hello Dale,

That looks super nice. How does it perform when the gimbal hangs?

3. Dale McCready

Dale McCready Member

Even better than when inverted. The design is based on the assumption that you'll do both compression and hanging modes and the hanging mode is the easier of the two to deal with as you're not sitting on the springs.. I had a triangular model but I found that it wasn't supportive enough or wide enough to really stabilise lateral movement. I'm hopeful that this design will work much better. It's currently being tested on a shoot in France and as soon as it's back I'm going to do some comparison videos with and without the isolator

I also have this model my DMC Quad:
    [​IMG]

...and I also have the Mini Quad:

[​IMG]

4. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

Dale out of interest how much does that weigh?

5. Cui jian-qiu

Cui jian-qiu New Member

6. Cody Hanthorn

Cody Hanthorn Member

I have seen the 55 degree offsets on a google search. I think this might work great to bridge different platforms to the movi like myself. I like the ability to hang if the vibration works. The issue is that if you hang it out it might move around a fair amount. Many systems use a retract landing gear and unless thought goes into it in the wind it could swing or move into the side walls of the ball screw. I like the design. thoughts of weight come to mind, followed by the obvious need for landing gear extensions. nice work.