/dist/images/branding/favicon

Erasing the pilot

Discussion in 'MōVI FAQ - Tips and Tricks' started by Jose Luis Ocejo, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Jose Luis Ocejo

Jose Luis Ocejo Active Member

I want to open a box a smart ideas of the best ways of erasing a pilot from a aerial scene
    on a recent job I was doing a shot of a person standing in a park camera ascended looking down at the person to a wide panorama because of the proximity to the person I had to be near, I operated mostly LOS, so I ended up in the frame any clever ideas as to fix it in post

2. Andy Johnson-Laird

Andy Johnson-Laird Administrator
    Staff Member

Looks like there are a few promising search results if you Google: final cut removing person

Andy

3. Jason Smoker

Jason Smoker Active Member

we sometimes use a program called inpaint. If client wants a quick look at what could look like with out something there.

For stills only though.

https://www.theinpaint.com/

4. Danielle de Leon

Danielle de Leon New Member

Become friends with someone who is a CGI master... Or acquire the knowledge yourself. You can use After Effects, however you would need the exact same shot without the person in it to fill as the background...

Finding places to hide, yet maintaining your VLOS is always a challenge. Depending on the time of day, I would suggest looking for shaded areas. Try to make the lines of your body match the lines of the background. Good luck!

5. Cody Hanthorn

Cody Hanthorn Member

above is great ideas. If that wont work what about a go pro with a downlink next to the person where you would be standing. This would allow positioning of the multi for the shot as though you where there. As you ascend for the pan im betting that go pro would be a needle in a haystack to the untrained observer.

6. Cody Hanthorn

Cody Hanthorn Member

Maybe use with a pc ground station programmed flight. No errors assuming gps is good.